PRODUCT MANAGER III
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
The Data and Devices business unit of TE Connectivity has an opportunity for a Global Product Manager for the Internal Cable and Connector product team, based out of the US.
The Global Product Manager will have responsibility for identifying and understanding trends in next generation data center ecosystems and architectures, then translating those trends to the appropriate product launches and NPI roadmap. The scope will be focused on internal cable but will require a deep understanding of the market and customer architectures, to work across product teams, including sockets, high speed I/O, and backplane architectures. Global Product Managers will act as a “mini” GM driving the overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans to achieve revenue and gross margin targets that enable long term competitiveness and success of the product line. This individual will be focused on next generation design wins and product promotional activities with major datacenter communication customers. This requires strategy development to find design cycle intersections for new business opportunities to identify growth opportunities within key existing accounts, as well as developing relationships with emerging customers. This role will may also require critical negotiations with customers and strategic licensing execution bidirectionally with competitors.
This role requires strong strategic thinking, experience working across regions and a strong proactive work ethic. This role must closely collaborate cross-functionally with colleagues in Sales, Engineering, Operations and Marketing to gain alignment and drive the successful execution of the product roadmaps.
What you will be doing:
Market Sensing & Strategy Development:
- Define market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape
- Conduct market segmentation exercises to develop market segment-specific strategies.
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Define segment –specific value propositions that beat the competition
- Develop product roadmaps that aligns with business strategy
- Design go to market strategy, inclusive of channel strategy and partnerships
- Work with R&D and operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements
- Develop market-based costing targets to align with BU profitability targets, and align product teams to achieve those targets
- Manage the product lifecycle, focusing on NPI capacity expansion ramps, and defining the right cost early in design cycles.
Develop Business Plan:
- Define resource requirements necessary to execute the product roadmap
- Work cross functionally to define sales, technology and operations strategies and goals, in line with financial goals. Build consensus on specific tasks
- Establish pricing policy
- Develop the annual operating plan (Sales and gross or standard margin)
Execution – New Product Development & Launch:
- Be the opportunity champion for Project Approval Committee projects (stage gate)
- Plan product launches, including the development of marketing and sales plans
- Provide demand forecast inputs to S&OP and drives needed capacity
- Attend customer meetings in support of winning new business
- Exercise thought leadership
- Provide inputs to Marcom for the development of collateral, including e-commerce
What your background should look like:
Execution – Post Launch Product Management:
- Manage the P&L (sales and gross or standard margin) for the assigned portfolios
- Deliver sustained profitable growth; mindset for margin expansion
- Enable sales to promote product line via training and the development of collateral materials that help articulate the value proposition
- Manage special price requests
- Track progress to the business plan and facilitate resolution to gaps
- Be the champion for resolution of product issues (e.g., quality, delivery, etc.)
- Research and enforce TE’s intellectual property within associated market segments
What your background should look like:
- 5 years of product management, design and/or field engineering experience would be great
- Relevant product or industry experience desired
- 4-year technical degree required
- Creative and innovative thinker able to provide input on the development of the product strategies and the relevant business plans with the ability to execute
- Strong interpersonal, planning, organization, and teamwork skills.
- Experienced leader with an ability to influence cross functional teams and to build strong relationships both internally and externally
EOE, Including Disability/Vets