Director Program Management IMS - Remote
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Director, Project Management IMS has full PjM leadership responsibility and leads staff of project management leaders/managers with responsibility for all New Product Development (NPDs) projects/programs within the IMS business. Be the champion of the IMS projects portfolio and drive project launch success in our application focus and product leadership areas. The director oversees the leadership of multiple projects with high business complexity as defined by multiple technologies, product platforms, geographic and resource challenges.
Works within the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost, to deliver specified requirements and meet business unit financial objectives. Leads respective management reviews to ensure key project milestones are met and that critical issues and budget and staffing constraints are resolved. Ensures that all the appropriate project documents and records are appropriately prepared and filed according to TE’s quality system procedures and ensuring regulatory and audit compliance, while ensuring customer committed deadlines are kept.
- Strategic planning - works in conjunction with IMS VPs/Directors in Product Management, Engineering, Operations, Sales and Quality in setting strategic business and tactical plans to achieve a profitable IMS business growth as defined by the business unit 5 year strategy plan
- Manages direct reports to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget. Trains, develops and empowers direct reports to take on team leadership positions effectively and develop business and customer driven PjM teams
- Set clear KPIs and rules to ensure that our resources are spent on projects exceeding defined profitability and return targets - establish and drive shared metrics
- IMS Project P&L Responsibility: deliver on revenue and gross margin targets by driving project execution in time and agreed costs
- Works directly with IMS unit counterparts and other functional managers (Engineering, Marketing/Sales, Mfg, Quality) to drive people across multiple functions and teams to stay focused and moving forward on strategic goals while managing dependencies and removing obstacles that stand between the team and business success / timely product launches.
- Ensure IMS management information about customer satisfaction and potential conflicts in an early manner and ensure proper project communication between customer and IMS.
- Manages program/project portfolio and drives PMO strategy including processes used (like LeanPD to secure quality, cost effectiveness), communication methodologies and high-level project timelines for management tracking.
- Recruit, develop and assess diverse pool of talent for leadership and individual contributor roles
- Drive PjM career ladder bench strength and accelerate new technology exploration and development
- Remove barriers for NPI development
- Global Travel required
Key Performance Indicators
- New Product Stream (Application Focus and Product Leadership growth)
- NPD Operating Income, Customer Milestone commitments, Quality
- Projects per PjM (Org/Process efficiency)
- NPS5 output / RD&E $
- Project Manager Pipeline & Execution (PjM X-Content / Technology capabilities)
- Talent Management
Create Excitement for the Future through a Clear Strategy & Execution:
- Identify, develop and guide a diverse group of people managers across key portfolios
- Drive product developments in the area of our Application and Product Leadership areas
- Work with senior business leaders to better understand business challenges, strategic goals, and process improvement opportunities
- Provide direction and coordinate the global team, capacities and workflow
- Foster inclusive environment that enables highly motivated teams
- Guard progress and quality of the team’s outcome
- Facilitate performance reviews and improve work procedures, education and training
- Develop successors for role and roles of direct reports; make employment, dismissal and promotion decisions with HR and policy support
- Collaborate closely with cross functional leadership in Sales, Product Management, Engineering, Quality, Finance, HR and Operations to develop and execute upon Sensors BU strategic goals and objectives.
- Assess bench for Sensors and build a strategy to strengthen talent and capability
- Identify new technological opportunities and work with TCL talent and broader organization to determine alignment to portfolio strategies and roadmaps.
Build an Engaged Customer Focused High Performing Team driven by a TEOA Culture:
- Organize and manage leaders to ensure all aspects of the project tasks, plans are assigned to and match cross-functional team member capacities, timelines and priorities accordingly
- Work closely with cross functional managers in all regions to share resources, capabilities and equipment, common practices and information
- Collaborate with global cross functional leadership to gain consensus and assign priorities for engineering services
- Drive policy and manage global NPD budget including cost control ownership
- Develop, implement and manage systems and processes that lead to successful courses of development
- Measure analyze and report about global NPD department performances and demonstrated adoption of TEOA tools for continuous improvement.
What your background should look like:
- Master’s or graduate level degree in related field preferred in Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain, or another related field.
- 15+ years’ progressive experience in leading complex cross-functional technology projects and 10+ years’ experience in engineering, manufacturing operations, product management, or quality
- Ability to lead global cross functional teams
- Solid understanding in managing project plans
- Plan & Lead Stage Gate reviews to (senior) business management
- Solid understanding on Engineering tools, PLM, EC, EBOM preferred
- Six sigma or kaizen experience, Green belt is a plus.
- Data mining, experience with Tableau/power BI is a plus
- Excellent in English (verbal/written)
- Excellent communication, presentation skills, storytelling
- Excellent in MS office, excel, PowerPoint
- Critical thinking, problem solving & Conflict resolution, conflict management
- Data manipulation and presentation
- Travel domestic and international up to 25-35%
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $159,200 - $238,800 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets