ACCOUNT MANAGER III
Location: Orlando, Florida
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity is seeking a self-motivated and ambitious Account Manager to join and thrive within our Aerospace Defense & Marine Sales Team.
A successful Account Manager will build lasting customer relationships and influence long-term growth within Key Aerospace & Defense accounts. In this challenging and rewarding position, you will work closely with TE support teams to generate new design activity on critical customer platforms, such as aircraft, spacecraft, ships, weapon systems, and defense equipment. You will uncover and proliferate opportunities within your assignment to gain print position and replace competitive products at the component and value-added solutions level.
As an Account Manager, you will lead all aspects of the customer interaction/experience, including intense engineering engagement, pricing/contract negotiations, and quality & delivery assurance with planned coordination with and support from TE Field Application Engineers, Product Managers, Product Engineers, Quality Engineers, Planners, Pricing Analysts, Contracts Analysts, Customer Service and Distribution Channel Partners.
Remote Home Office: Orlando, FL different lock key locations or Denver, CO
- Generate and foster productive and supportive working relationships within established accounts. Work to partner with customers by offering technological problem-solving solutions and managing the quality and delivery metrics required by the customer.
- Identify current and future customer opportunities and requirements. Utilize TE’s support system to offer appropriate solutions for the customer within TE’s product portfolio & engineering capabilities
- Become the leader in knowledge of your customer applications/platforms and technical roadmap. Generate and drive new design/print position efforts based on emerging, new and existing customer programs/platforms, and government contract awards
- Manage and protect existing production program business
- Generate, prepare, and present TE proposals (e.g., product selection, design solutions, product specifications, project objectives) to customers
- Sales territory status and reporting (i.e., book/bill reporting; forecasting; updating/growing opportunity pipeline funnel within CRM Salesforce tool; customer scorecard management)
What your background should look like:
- Proof of US Citizenship
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Minimum 2-4 years Aerospace and/or Military sales experience is desired, but not required
- Technical Degree and/or Marketing Degree preferred
- Willingness to travel (50-70%)
- A strong candidate will encompass the following skills to successfully compete, and thrive, in a highly competitive market:
- A strong technical aptitude and/or background
- Exceptional interpersonal & selling skills
- A solutions-oriented mindset
- A strong & comprehensive customer focus
- The ability to effectively engage with Development Engineering and Purchasing functions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $81K – $101K (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets