SHIPPER / RECEIVER I
Location: El Paso
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
What your background should look like:
- Picks products for customer orders, manufacturing orders and sample requests using barcode scanners, pick tickets, shipping papers, order pickers, turret trucks and manual or electric pallet jack.
- Performs other put away and pick duties, such as bin location audits, unit load and carton transfers.
- Weigh or hand counts quantities needed to fill customer orders, manufacturing orders and sample requests.
- Performs packing function by reviewing SAP packing functions or ship sets to obtain packaging instructions.
- Performs special packaging, prints and applies special labeling as required by each customer. Understands and follows the 107 specifications
- Recognizes hazardous/flammable material and prepares for shipment per established procedures.
- Prepares cartons and pallet loads for shipment by attaching proper shipment documentation as well as carrier required documentation. Prepares unit load shipments with stretch wrap or banding.
- Generates manifests and bill of ladings for each shipment checking against actual carton count in staging area.
- Contacts common carriers to arrange pick up for shipments.
- Loads and unloads cartons to / from pallets, carts or conveyor by using forklift and manual or electric pallet jack.
- Manages recycling of wooden pallets and disposal of damaged pallets.
- Responsible for housekeeping and maintaining his/her workstation clean.
- Performs any related warehouse duties as directed such as trash removal, cart distribution, etc.
- Understands, follows, and participates in all safety, security, and emergency procedures
- Submits suggestions to enhance performance through individual or team efforts.
- Determines if product is damaged and require QA audit or repacking.
- Presents any discrepancies to Shift Foreperson.
- High School/G.E.D. education and 1 year of relevant experience as determined by the Supervisor, DC Operations.
- Computer skills
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets