SR PRODUCT ENGINEER, PACKAGING
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
What your background should look like:
- Works with Product Development Team to establish packaging strategy (e.g., Bulk pack, or trays etc.)
- Creates & updates packaging specifications (i.e., Solid models and detail drawings etc.)
- Improve packaging and documentation and solve problems with existing packaging (sustaining)
- Identifies and manages packaging cost reduction (VA/VE)
- Work with Product Engineer to understand the packaging requirement and create the packaging specification as per the requirement.
- Works with Quality, Product Engineering, and the Manufacturing Plant to resolve packaging problems, both internally and externally
- Work with outside packaging supplier to obtain quotations and purchase packaging components.
- Responsible for testing and approval of new packaging.
- Responsible for secondary packaging as required per country standard.
- Keeps abreast of TE packaging standards or country specific requirements.
- Keeps abreast of industry and government regulations that affect packaging materials, material handling, recycling, etc.
- Develops standards to address new regulatory requirements and ensures that the business unit is aware of government regulations and environmental requirements for packaging.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Be member of Global packaging council
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 5 years minimum of experience with high volume mfg. environment (plastic components, stamping terminals and connector assemblies)
- Working knowledge of CAD software (Creo/Solidworks or similar)
- Project management skills that demonstrate the ability to set goals and priorities to complete projects in a systematic and timely manner
- Knowledge of packaging materials and processes used in the electronics industry, including corrugated materials, thermoformed tapes and trays, and extruded tubes etc.
- Good in analyzing the packaging design and advance planning.
- Proficient in CAD solid modeling and capable of generating 3D models & 2D detail drawings
- Experience with general PC software tools, including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Analytical ability to apply logical reasoning, test assumptions, observe results
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge different countries packaging standard is added advantage.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets