MANUFACTURING ENGINEER II
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE’s Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs a complete product offering, and capable portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices.
With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world’s leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices.
We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine, to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable groundbreaking
medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery.
- Root cause analysis using structure problem solving methodologies.
- Drive continuous improvement activities with manufacturing engineering, quality, supply chain and operations through lean and six sigma methodologies.
- Establishing and executing, engineering studies, capability assessments, test method validations, and characterization efforts.
- Regular collaboration with customers to address quality issues, design changes, and cost improvements.
- Translating objectives (“characterize [this] output through [that] process”) into tasks and executing them.
- Equipment insourcing, improvement, and validation, as needed.
- Fixture design, development and implementation.
- Adhering to quality and compliance standards to ensure safe and effective use of the devices TE manufactures.
What your background should look like:
- Positive, adaptable attitude that thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- 2-3 years experience
- Medical device/FDA regulation experience preferred.
- Catheter assembly/manufacturing experience preferred.
- Strong statistical analysis skills (process capability, equivalence studies, ANOVA, DOE).
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Engineering or related subject.
- Knowledge of industry accepted problem solving processes, such as 5-Why, 8-Step, or DMAIC/Six Sigma.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, Process Control & Monitoring (SPC).
- Well-developed writing skills.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision, as well as in “team” settings.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing; proficiency in English required.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets