ASSEMBLY OPERATOR III Applicator Assembly
Location: Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
$1,500 Sign-On Bonus
We are currently offering external candidates a $1,500.00 Sign On Bonus payable after beginning employment.
TE Connectivity's Assembly Teams operate assigned automated assembly machinery, ensure component flow, troubleshoot and correct machinery issues to ensure quality and productivity. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
Shift and Schedule
Opening is available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 5:30am-3:30pm.
Responsible for very fine and complex manual assembly of both basic and complex applicators. Monitors operational quality of systems and equipment during build and inspection processes.
- FTB Applicators are custom built – will work to ensure every component matches the blue print and the assembly is seamless.
- Actively works with members of the product development engineering team for Applicators in order to ensure high quality and customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problems. Recommends corrections in build issues to Engineering
- Inspects and verifies build process for new Applicators. Actively works with Engineering to perfect build process and product function.
- Documents all inspection, maintenance and repair work as required.
- Assesses product needs in accordance with customer specifications.
- Verifies accuracy of build lead time for the respective applicators, working with Engineering to update as needed.
- Measures, examines, and tests completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications.
Qualifications & Experience
High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 3-5 years’ related experience – with strong preference for demonstrated success in the Assembling of repeat-build Applicators.
- Must have the ability to disassemble and re-assemble various types of mechanical parts and basic understanding of trouble shooting techniques. Should have intermediate understanding of blueprints.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to read and interpret prints and instruction sheets.
- Requires a mechanical skill sufficient to visualize and assemble equipment utilizing sectional blueprints and be able to condition parts and working mechanism to permit the equipment to produce a product to engineering specification.