TOOL & DIE MAKER III
Location: Salunga-Landisville, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Tooling Teams perform the manufacturing functions related to metal working dies and tool making. They are responsible for completing all assignments to construct, modify and condition metal working dies and may fabricate new gages, cutting or forming tools and fixtures by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specifications. They perform precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions; recommend revisions in design and/or substitutions in material based on machinability or fabrication problems encountered; and solve problems relating to unusual materials, machine settings, fabrication methods, and production process. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures. This position will make, modify, and/or repair tools, dies, molds, jigs, fixtures. The successful incumbent will also work with gauges of intricate design and construction involving many interrelated dimensions and surfaces with extreme tolerances (+/- .0002)
- Perform die and die module changeovers
- Perform preventive maintenance and die conditioning
- Sharpen, repair and create close tolerance tooling to re-build a die.
- Support stamping production by troubleshooting more complex dies (set up and production)
- Training support to apprenticeship program
- Support production floor
What your background should look like:
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Experience with small to medium progressive dies.
- Metal turning/grinding/machining experience.
- Prior experience with use of precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints
- Good problem solving & organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- High School education required. A vocational/tech school degree is preferred
- Completion of a federal or state apprenticeship program is required
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets