PRODUCTION OPERATOR II - 2nd Shift
Location: Milpitas, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing/Production Teams transform raw materials into finished goods and ensure component flow. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
- Mixing & Storing Chemicals – Must be knowledge & comfortable working with chemicals.
- Operates equipment used to manufacture products from raw materials into finished goods.
- Maintains inventory records of raw materials used in manufacturing and keeps accurate and up-to-date records and/or data sheets on materials in process.
- Performs in-process tests to ensure production meets required specifications.
- Recognizes equipment malfunctions and/or product deficiencies and troubleshoots errors to achieve continuing optimum production levels.
- Hardness, weight, variation, pH and moisture content.
- Follows blueprints, subassembly layouts, and schematics.
- Maintains running accounts of orders received, work completed, and inventory.
- Matches workload, manning, and equipment capacity to existing inventory.
- Prepares and monitors master schedules by working with materials planning, production, and maintenance personnel to coordinate activities.
- Requisitions materials after determining delivery dates.
What your background should look like:
- Preferred High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working in manufacturing setting
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Be capable of reading, writing, and communicating in English.
- Could be required to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Be capable of standing or sitting for an eight to twelve hour shift, operating two handed equipment that requires complete mobility of hands and wrists.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $xxx – xxx (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets