MAINTENANCE MECHANIC IV
Location: Brooklyn Park
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Maintenance Teams perform repairs and preventive maintenance to ensure longer lifespan of machines and facilities. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
Perform electrical (AC & DC), hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical troubleshooting, repair, and installation, on production machinery and subsystems.
- On-time completion of assigned Preventive Maintenance tasks, including documentation. Review and update equipment Preventive Maintenance processes and content
- Emergency repair response to equipment breakdowns; perform work from directions in the form of verbal instruction, blueprints, or sketches with limited supervision; create documentation of repairs to support audits, training, and future troubleshooting to limit downtime; recommend and implement permanent corrective maintenance solutions
- Assist in the control and maintenance of the spare parts inventory. Requires locating and ordering of parts and supplies for various production machines and maintaining the records for these parts.
- Collaborate effectively with others across the organization to collectively achieve business objectives
- Communicate effectively through written, verbal, non-verbal, and visual methods
- Adhere to quality and compliance standards to ensure safe and effective use of the products TE manufactures
- Depending on the level of experience: review MTBF, MTTR, OEE, and PM performance, then create action plans to improve those metrics
It is a 1st shift position that can start as early as 5-6 am, with occasional overtime.
What your background should look like:
HS Diploma or GED required, and an associate’s degree in a technology related field strongly desired but not mandatory (Electrical, Mechanical, manufacturing, etc).
- Demonstrated problem solving and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshooting and repair production equipment. Five or more years of experience performing advanced level electrical troubleshooting and repair, as well as PLC, computer, and software support preferred, but not required.
- Ability to develop and document maintenance procedures for production machinery
- Ability to sustain high performance standards and attention to detail in unstructured/unsupervised situations
- Experience using a PC based system in a network environment; working knowledge of Windows OS, Word, Excel, and CMMS
- Experience using CAD software to view and edit drawings/schematics is preferred, but not required
- Experience with TPM is a plus
- Medical device manufacturing experience is a plus