MAINTENANCE MECHANIC II
Location: Salunga-Landisville, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Install guarding per OSHA and TE Connectivity requirements on manufacturing equipment in order to isolate the point of operation and other hazard points. Job duties primarily include the following:
- Fabricate and install fixed guards that isolate point-of-operation hazards on all six sides of a machine. Guarding frames and panels must be affixed in a manner that requires a unique tool to remove.
- Install interlocks, two-button/non-repeat controls, and light curtains as required where repetitive and frequent access to the point of operation is required.
- Assist with the creation of lockout/tagout (LOTO) documentation per 29 CFR Part 1910.147.
Must be available to work extended hours, 12-hour shifts, and other non-standard hours as required.
Shift: 1st (6:45 AM – 3:15 PM) or 2nd (2:45 PM – 11:15 PM)
What your background should look like:
- 3-5 years experience in fabricating and installing machine guarding using such material as 80/20 modular framing and polycarbonate sheets.
- Operate a lathe, end mill, drill press, and band saw.
- Must possess strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple jobs simultaneously.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Word and Excel would be a plus although not a requirement.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets