Resident Engineering Intern
Location: Troy, Michigan
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
As a Resident Engineering Intern within our Automotive Division business unit, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Assist TE resident engineer to map TE connectors to released vehicle platforms, architecture, and devices. Identify TE part features or correlations to vehicle, EE architecture, devices and wiring harness.
- Organize and update major vehicle topology, key OEM system, product design, development, and testing specifications to stay alert of major OEM architecture, system and devices interface changes.
- Assist TE RE to prepare engineering samples and organize TE sample cages. Assist OEM design release engineers to design in TE products according to vehicle platforms, EE architectures and applications, building test benches or support mule and pilot build events.
- Support OEM CAD and drawing release process. Create DEF to link & compute 3d/2d with circuits schematics. Improve current TE DEF tool written by VB macros embedded into Excel.
- Launch, internal and external customer requirements along with program timing and deliverables.
- Support DVPR and SCR (Supplier Change Request) approval driven by sustaining engineering projects or capacity demands. Review change and testing requirement closely work with TE product engineers. Meeting with OEM Connector and terminal approval team for approvals.
- Navigate and exposure to OEM customer and TE systems. Assist engineering change management with OEM change documentation, samples and coordinate TE approvals.
- Support customer build events and provide technical support as needed. support on site vehicle assembly plant problem investigation, root cause and corrective actions.
- Support weekly open issue reviews with OEM customer and internal TE meeting to root cause technical issues.
- Effectively communicate with OEM customers as the first responder to technical request, design, or quality issues.
- Closely work with account managers, product engineers, product managers and all other automotive team members to promote the business needs of the territory to foster growth.
What your background should look like:
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited University or College for the duration of the Internship
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree Program, preferred Major(s): Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or System Engineering
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation and computer skills
- Excel VB Macros, Python programming skills are a bonus
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple conflicting tasks, make intelligent, timely decisions and solve problems independently
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally and to influence without direct authority
- Can-do attitude: self-motivation, ability and willingness to go beyond comfort zones
This position is located in our Troy, MI office.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity Internship Program offers:
Our internship program gives students the opportunity to work on valuable projects that contribute to the success of their team and build on their classroom experience. Throughout the 10-12 week program, interns will be provided with:
Onboarding & Orientation
Professional Development Workshops
EOE, Including Disability/Vets