MATERIAL HANDLER II
Location: Salunga-Landisville, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Material Handler Teams perform the physical and/or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. They unpack and check goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintain records of received goods and reject unsatisfactory items. They lift heavy items and may operate a forklift. Material Handlers prepare and maintain records of shipments, post weights and shipping charges and prepare goods for final shipment. They examine, stock and distribute materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines and may prepare kitting packages for assembly production.
- Transports materials from designated area to/from production floor using a forklift or pallet jack in support of manufacturing needs. Materials transported may include raw materials, components, packaging materials, finished goods and/or scrap.
- Prepares outgoing materials using a variety of methods including, but not limited to, scanning, labeling, wrapping.
- Completes required paperwork to accompany outgoing materials such as Intercompany Bills of Lading.
- Assesses materials’ needs for assigned production area at the beginning of the shift and orders materials using an information system to support the production schedule.
- General housekeeping of work area
- Other duties as assigned
What your background should look like:
- HS degree or GED required
- Keyboarding skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in order to successfully accomplish job duties
- Forklift Certification required; periodic recertification required
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Must be proficient in English language.