Production Machinist II - Laser
Location: Medway, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Machinist Team's responsibilities include, assignment planning, layout, set up, operating and making tool adjustments for various types of manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop equipment. They work from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions, communicating directly with engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
- Operates, and verifies the quality of product on a variety of equipment in the laser department.
- Identifies and segregates non conforming parts.
- Sets up repeat/repetitive/simple jobs under the direction of others.
- Monitors variations in program sequence, e.g., positioning, cycle time, etc., and suggests corrections.
- Works from drawings and/or specifications as well as Traveler instructions, may require direction.
- Reports problems to Supervisor/Lead in the department.
- Runs production and performs other functions, such as assembly, when required.
- Evaluates job performance compared to established production and quality standards, and reports problems/variations when encountered.
- Maintains required tooling, as needed, to manufacture parts to specifications.
- Conducts quality checks through the use of fixed or adjustable precision measuring devices.
Position Responsibilities (continued)
- Instructs or assists others as needed.
- Performs routine PM on equipment as necessary.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Works safely, and complies with all established safety rules and work practices.
- Complies with Company, Department, and quality policies and procedures as applicable.
- Keeps management informed of job, machine, and equipment related problems as well as any other information related to work activity.
- Maintains a positive attitude and promotes a “team” approach throughout the Department.
- Performs multiple operations as required.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned
What your background should look like:
Essential Skills and Experience
- High school education or equivalent
- 6 months- 2 years of laser experience, preferably in a job shop environment.
- Experience using a microscope
- Basic understanding of blueprints.
- Must produce product with adherence to Quality Management System