Production Operator II - Centerless grinding
Location: Medway, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
- Sets up and operates Centerless Grinder as directed.
- Performs routine or repetitive operations in a manner which will consistently meet quality requirements and production standards.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Works from drawings and/or specifications with direction from the Traveler.
- Evaluates production job performance compared to established production and quality standards. Makes suggestions for improvements to processes to enhance operations.
- Maintains required tooling, as needed, to manufacture parts to specifications.
- Conducts quality checks through the use of fixed or adjustable precision measuring devices.
Position Responsibilities (continued)
- Lubricates and cleans machines as necessary.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition. Works safely, and complies with all established safety rules and work practices.
- Complies with Company, Department, and quality policies and procedures as applicable.
- Keeps Operations Manager informed of job related problems and other information related to work activity.
- Maintains a positive attitude and promotes a “team” approach throughout the Department.
- Performs multiple operations as required.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- Primarily responsible for efficient and effective production.
- Must produce product in adherence to Quality Management System.
What your background should look like:
Essential skills and experience
High school education or equivalent, plus at least 2 years of Voc-Tech training in machine tool technology or a related area preferred.
- At least 2 to 5 years of Centerless Grinding experience in a job shop environment.
- Very strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
- Communication Skills- Oral and Written in English
- Ability to use Microscopes
- Strong basic math concepts
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arm; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: General machine shop environment.