R&D/PRODUCT DVL ENGINEER II- Hybrid
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity is seeking a qualified R&D Product Signal Integrity Engineer. In this roll, you will need to understand customer requirements and their technical roadmaps. This roll involves interfacing directly with development engineers, customers, new business development and product management, sales, manufacturing engineering, test lab, model & pre-production shop resources. You will also need to know how to Perform signal integrity/EE modeling and simulations to optimize connector performance.
- Definition, design, and testing of high-speed connectors and cable assemblies
- Design of test printed circuit boards (PCBs) for developing and testing prototypes to verify performance as needed, as well as providing test engineering support related to connector design and production.
- Assisting with EMI/RFI testing as required, including building of applicable fixturing.
- Interface with TE’s global Data Connectivity teams in support of high-speed digital connector and cable assembly development
- Act as a technical partner and provide support to Data Connectivity marketing and Customer OEM teams.
- Attend/support customer meetings and site visits.
- Provide Platform and Custom design solutions for high-speed electrical and additional Data Connectivity transmission products
- Support new product concepts with other global TE Data Connectivity departments that provide technical or cost advantages to the market/customer to improve TE's Data Connectivity market position.
- Assist in the development of high-speed electrical cable processing standards for the application of connectors.
- Support TE Launch teams in bringing high-speed electrical solutions to production.
- Troubleshoot design issues during production startup.
- Domestic and International travel may be required.
What your background should look like:
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required, Master’ Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- Experience using simulation software, such as HFSS and CST.
- Experience using Vector Network Analyzers and Time Domain Reflectometers.
- Experience in simulations, test and measurements for high speed data systems.
- PCB design experience is a plus.
- Professional, structured, autonomous, and creative work style.
- Customer oriented and capable to liaise on technical matters.
- Excellent team player, able to cooperate with International teams.
- Good communication skills especially related to technical matters.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity Internship Program offers:
Our internship program gives students the opportunity to work on valuable projects that contribute to the success of their team and build on their classroom experience. Throughout the 10-12 week program, interns will be provided with:
Onboarding & Orientation
Professional Development Workshops
EOE, Including Disability/Vets