General Facilities Technician
Location: El Cajon, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
General Shop Technician:
Seeking a talented individual, with mechanical aptitude, who is familiar with basic shop maintenance activities.
- Checking/filling machine oil and coolants
- Changing/cleaning air filters
- Performing a variety of non-repetitive tasks like assembling tables,
- Cutting up pallets
- Hand swagging rubber hose air lines while using a variety of hand tools such as a drill, metal cut-off grinder, and Saws-all
- Other general duties will include doing some light plumbing, spackling/painting office and shop walls
- Performing monthly inspection activities on fire extinguishers/emergency egress lighting
- Creating/maintaining aisleway tape lines
What your background should look like:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Technical experience background preferred (familiarity with machine manuals/schematics/BOMs, part drawings with dimensional specifications, and productive machine shop environments).
- Knowledge of methods, best practices, tools and equipment used in electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems required.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions required in performance of all duties.
- Must possess ability to follow instructions verbally, or in writing, and perform all duties with minimum supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and a detail-oriented mindset.
- Must be a self-starter and work under minimal supervision.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Will be required to work overtime, as needed, to support production requirements.
- Must clear background and drug screening to receive employment offer.
- Maximum weight to be lifted or carried: Up to 75 lbs.
- Approximate number of hours standing and walking: 4-8 hours.
- Other abilities consistent with machine shop equipment and facilities maintenance job assignments.
“This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.”
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $43700-65600(subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets