ASSEMBLY OPERATOR II - 3rd Shift
Location: Milpitas, California
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Assembly Teams operate assigned automated assembly machinery, ensure component flow, troubleshoot and correct machinery issues to ensure quality and productivity. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
The Assembly Operator will be working as part of a team in assembling medical device products while maintaining high quality / performance standards on all TE Connectivity products. This role is for assembly operators on the New Product Implementation team. This team will work to take products from R&D to operations. Hand assembly in cleanroom with a variety of components. Small team work and some flexibility and movement among the teams.
- Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Ability to perform and demonstrate all Manufacturing procedures after training.
- Accurately complete all essential documents (i.e. Lot History Records (LHR’s), Inspection Records and Validation Documentation).
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as pad printing, adhesive bonding, hot air bonding, balloon bonding, etching wires, swaging shafts, fusing skiving shafts, folding, marking, braiding, coiling, and perform leak testing.
- Adjusts and trims materials from components to achieve specified medical or dimensional characteristics.
- Performs online go-not-go testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Packages finished assemblies or subassemblies in clear plastic bags.
- Ability to inspect work-in-process to documented quality standards to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Ability to train others on basic operations.
What your background should look like:
- Preferred High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working in manufacturing setting
- Basic computer skills
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to follow operating instructions as outlined.
- Strong communication skills required
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Tools.
- Must be able to lift a maximum weight of 20 lbs.
- Occasional reaching above shoulder
- Frequently extending hands and arms between knees and shoulder level; will handle & grasp frequently with hands
- Frequent standing, walking and balancing throughout the day is required in this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus