MATERIAL HANDLER I
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Material Handler Teams perform the physical and/or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. They unpack and check goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintain records of received goods and reject unsatisfactory items. Material Handlers prepare and maintain records of shipments, post weights and shipping charges and prepare goods for final shipment. They examine, stock and distribute materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines and may prepare kitting packages for assembly production.
Weekend shift 6am-6pm F-S 15% Shift Differential
- Cycle Counts of Inventory and Raw Materials Inventory Accuracy
- Kitting material for shop orders and dispensing to the manufacturing floor
- Run daily and weekly reports
- Handle and transport fragile items from shelf to shelf and ensure every item is placed in the assigned location
- Receive incoming material in stores locations and SAP (ERP) warehouse management system
- Personally responsible for the accurate transactions of materials in the ERP system.
- Replenishment of stores locations daily, operating a manual floor lift truck to move pallets
- Pull finished goods items for shipping, provide back-up support for each other and for assigned areas
- Investigate variances and report material discrepancies.
- Picking products to deliver to Manufacturing Work Centers.
- Tracking of Jobs in Manufacturing to ensure jobs are moving onto the next steps and schedule.
- Management systems in Operations are updated/communicated.
- Work directly within the scheduling activity to assist in tracking projects through Warehouse, Manufacturing,
- Quality and Shipping / Receiving teams.
- Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Responsible for ensuring staged work is adequate for Manufacturing Work Centers and organizes work in the correct order per scheduling system.
- Communicates directly with Manufacturing leadership to problem solve and/or expedite materials in support of schedule changes.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
What your background should look like:
- Minimum of a high school education or equivalent experience, and at least 2 years of experience in material handling.
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- Qualified candidates will have experience using SAP or a similar ERP system.
- Knowledge in Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Familiarity with inventory stocking and computer systems is preferred.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 55LB.
- Ability to work overtime as business demands require.
- Physical Demands – Regularly required standing & walking; frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouching.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets