1st Shift Kitting Operator
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Job Posting Title: 1st Shift Kitting Operator
Job ID: [[id]]
Job Code: 30004089
Business Unit: TE ENERGY (10000200)
Building: TE RAYCHEM FUQUAY - VARINA (RA1)
Hiring Manager: Jeffrey Scott Horton
Recruiter: Charlyn Elliott
Employee Referral Amount: $1,000.00
Education Experience: Other
Employment Experience: Less than 1 year
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing/Production Teams transform raw materials into finished goods and ensure component flow. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
As a Kitting Operator, a typical day may include:
- Pack & kit packing orders to customer specifications while maintaining speed, accuracy and quality
- Operate minor equipment such as auto baggers and weighers
- Sorting, picking and selecting required material
- Achieve performance targets of productivity, quality and cost
- Register transactions in a bar code/scanner computer system
- Proper material handling and packaging that requires operation of a pallet jack
- Accurate physical count of material quantity to resolve discrepancies
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
What your background should look like:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Good communication skills, ability to interact in a very dynamic and diverse environment
- Basic computer skills to operate scanners, download work orders, print labels and analyze work instructions
- Physical requirements: standing, walking, handling materials, reaching, bending, sometimes requires lifting up to 40 pounds, moderate noise
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience $31,800 - $47,600 (subject to change dependent on physical location).
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets