1st Shift Assembly Operator II
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Assembly Teams assemble components with the highest quality. Troubleshoot components to ensure quality and productivity standards are met. They assemble components according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
What your background should look like:
Essential duties include but may not be limited to the following:
- Follow standardized work instructions for the printing and assembly of components in accordance with component level drawings
- Demonstrate assembly and testing with mechanical parts that require good hand eye coordination
- Read and comprehending manufacturing drawings regarding printing sheets for production
- Ensure high cleanliness standards are maintained during printing and component assembly
- Ensure first time assembly success and minimizing material waste attributed to manufacturing workmanship
- Demonstrate a mindset of continuous improvement in all duties
Other duties as assigned by Team Leader
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to find, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, or crouch, however, the employee shall be mostly standing
Regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds unassisted, occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds assisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for detailed work.
- 1 year minimum role in manufacturing preferably pertaining to soldering, light welding and assembly components.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Comply with applicable quality assurance standards
Minimum 2 years of manufacturing experience related preferred