SR MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding, or assembly-related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping/molding/assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), and Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on the tool and machine duplications/corrections/improvements. They design and develop manufacturing processes and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements, and manufacturing location. They act as an interface between engineering and production to ensure the manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples, and prototypes.
Senior Manufacturing Engineering responsibilities:
- Lead Engineers and Technicians through example and mentorship
- Collaborate with local and global teams in establishing best in class Cable manufacturing processes
- Define and implement appropriate equipment reliability methodologies as it pertains to laser cutting and ablation equipment and cable manufacturing equipment.
- Diagnosing process issues within the Assembly of microelectronics, SMT, and fine wire soldering.
- Support diagnosis of equipment failure.
- Execute validation activities following the IQ, OQ, and PQ approaches.
- Perform root cause investigations for non-conforming products.
- Serve as the technical expert for process technologies spanning multiple product lines.
- Adhere to quality and compliance standards to ensure the safe and effective use of the devices TE manufactures. Identify best practices and share them globally.
- Define Capex requirements for your area of responsibility including adhering to all internal CER process requirements.
- Evaluate process areas to ensure optimization from an efficiency and cost perspective
What your background should look like:
- You have exceptional communication skills and can effectively engage both internal and external customers
- You have in-depth knowledge pertaining to SMT, Microelectronics, Wire and cable manufacturing.
- You have experience in electrical and equipment troubleshooting.
- You have a BS/MS in Manufacturing engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering degree
- You have a Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an advanced manufacturing company with progressive levels of responsibility.
- You have a passion for six sigma and statistical methodology in manufacturing process development and control.
- You thrive on coming up with new ideas and leading others to do the same.
- You can adapt to work priorities in response to a rapidly changing environment.
- Any medical device manufacturing experience you have would be valued, but it is not required.
This position involves traveling anywhere from 5% to 10%.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $85,900 – $128,900 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets