SR MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Location: Salunga-Landisville, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
Our Kauffman Road plant in Landisville, PA is currently recruiting for a manufacturing engineer. The focus of this position will be to support brazing, heat treatment and metal forming operations used to manufacture electrical terminals and connectors. Another key responsibility for this position is to identify and implement automation and continuous improvement opportunities in the manufacturing operations previously described. This is a project oriented position and will involve leading various cross-functional teams concentrating on improving process efficiencies. Although not immediately required, the position will require a firm understanding of the leans tools associated with the Tyco Electronics Operating Advantage (TEOA). Excellent communication and organizational skills will be key given the position requires the ability to handle multiple jobs simultaneously and interact with production personnel, site management team, and external suppliers.
- Implement projects specific to cost savings, successfully demonstrated practices and continuous improvement.
- Identify and track critical tooling by evaluating performance metrics such as equipment utilization/downtime, scrap, and change over time.
- Create and maintain documentation for operating procedures and standard work documents.
- Develop cost estimates for tooling and applicable manufacturing processes.
- Resolve quality issues as needed to address customer needs.
- Maintain project documentation including timelines and project status reports.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required
- Five to ten years of experience in manufacturing stamping operations with progressive dies, die design and die development
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability interact well within a cross-functional team.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
- Computer skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), AutoCAD, and Pro/E.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $85900-128900(subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets