Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Location: Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Machinist Team's responsibilities include, assignment planning, layout, set up, operating and making tool adjustments for various types of manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop equipment. They work from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions, communicating directly with engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
What your background should look like:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Successful completion of a 2 or 3-year Machining program required
- Experience in CNC Milling, Turning, Heat Treat of Tool steels, and Surface Grinding.
- 3, 4 and 5 Axis Milling and Hard Milling experience a Plus.
- Experience in CNC Wire EDM, Profile Grinding, and Sinker EDM.
- Reads & interprets product blueprints, including geometric tolerance notations.
- Basic knowledge and experience working with CAD solid models
- Checks parts for conformance and any other applicable quality standards. Use items such as micrometers, height gages, dial indicators, go/no go gages and any other measuring instruments, as required.
- Proficient in English language
- Proficient in basic computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be detail oriented, dependable, and motivated
- Must be flexible and willing to change tasks and shifts
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation