Regional Account Manager (Remote)
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Are you a self-starter, a go-getter, and have a passion for serving utility clients as a strategic partner increasing revenue and penetrating accounts? At TE Connectivity, you will find a culture that rewards such hands-on entrepreneurial spirit. We empower our Regional Account Managers (RAM) to work collaboratively supporting our utility customer needs. This is a great opportunity to join our team that is seeking a like-minded person to identify new opportunities and/or projects to increase the customer share for TE and driving the project pipeline.
TE Connectivity's Account Management Teams are responsible for selling TE's products, systems or services, providing detailed technical product information and maintaining relationships with customers in assigned geographic territory, industry or accounts.
This is a field-based sales role that requires travel within the designated territory covering Northern IL and WI which may include overnight travel (1-2 average per week).
What you will be doing...
As a member of our Energy Business Unit, the Regional Account Manager (RAM) manages all commercial aspects within their accounts including managing offers, project contracts/quotations, leading price and contract negotiations, and follow up on current opportunities/projects. The RAM is responsible for developing and executing customer strategic account growth plans in line with the TE business strategy and product roadmap to ensure revenue growth, account penetration and customer satisfaction of the assigned accounts. Strategic account plans should include: Customer Information; Relevant Market Information; Growth Information. Collaborate internally with Engineering, Product Management, etc. explaining customer strategic account growth plans. The RAM will also have responsibility to manage Rep Firm activities, as well as, have some direct account responsibility
As a Regional Account Manager, in Utilities, a typical day may include:
- Selling TE Insulation & Protection product portfolio including: Insulators, Surge Arrestors, and Wild Life & Asset protection covering LV, MV, and HV applications Selling to utilities and distributors
- Developing relationships with key stakeholders (engineering, procurement, and key decision makers) applying consultative selling methodology Identify and understand current and future customer needs and opportunities to introduce and sell products, services and solutions to the customer.
- Proactively address customer issues, including quality issues, until appropriate closure
- Proactively collaborate and coordinate with internal departments to ensure that financial matters, including cash flow payments, credit concessions and account receivables on current opportunities and projects, are managed and closed appropriately.
- Actively monitor & maintain KPIs of customer relative to supplier performance standards.
- Key KPIs: Revenue Growth, Market Share Gain, and Obtaining & Maintaining Preferred Supplier Status
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent applicable work experience
- Ability to work with deadlines and challenging targets
- Flexibility in working days and traveling (field-based sales role)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly preferred Electrical Utilities Sales or Electrical Utility Industry experience
- Knowledge of Insulators, Surge Arrestors, and Wild Life & Asset protection covering LV, MV, and HV applications preferred
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $109,900 – $137,400 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets