GTS Data & Devices Business Unit Director - Remote
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Trade Compliance Teams interpret laws, rules, and regulations regarding shipping and prepare applications for import/export control certifications and licenses.
At TE, you will unleash your potential by working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable, and more connected world.
We are building a world-class Global Trade Services (GTS) organization and the Data & Device (DND) Business Unit Lead is a new position within GTS that will play a critical role in supporting trade operations and compliance within the Business Unit (BU). The BU Lead serves as the trade lead and advisor within TE’s Operational Compliance team for the BU and is the primary point of contact for the BU leadership team. The purpose is to ensure TE’s compliance, at the BU level, with import and export regulations globally to enhance global trade compliance, reduce risk, increase responsiveness to issues and opportunities, and facilitate effective operational aspects of international trade.
This role reports to TE Connectivity’s Global Trade Services Segment Lead and is a key member of the Global Trade Services team. As part of the GTS team, the DND BU Lead will join a group of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business by providing business solutions for compliance with global trade laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will be able to collaborate and thrive in a global environment while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together, and championing change.
Lead Trade Compliance Activities in the BU
- As part of the transformation of the trade function at TE, build and develop a trade compliance team to support TE’s Data & Devices business unit, leading as a strategic change agent to provide strong compliance targeted at the business need and risk
- Lead trade compliance operations and provide compliance oversight for the BU to ensure TE’s compliance with import/export laws and regulations
- Establish and maintain trade operations and compliance activities in accordance with TE policies, procedures, and controls, in collaboration with key stakeholders throughout the BU
- Act as the point of contact for BU leadership on the trade-related matter
- Engage BU stakeholders and counsel to understand business changes and develop trade-related solutions/strategies and controls with a presumption toward action-taking to ensure compliance while enabling the business goals
- Maintain BU-level Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reporting to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the operations and to provide timely, expert guidance at the pace of business
- In partnership with GTS Governance, establish and maintain relationships with trade-related government entities
Partner with Trade Compliance Professionals and Stakeholders across the Enterprise
- Partner with GTS Governance to monitor and update the business on trade compliance regulatory and legislative changes, assess the potential impact to the BU, and determine the necessary actions and communications to the appropriate stakeholders
- Work with GTS Governance teams to conduct trade compliance audits and oversee corrective action plans
- Partner with GTS Governance to develop and administer effective trade compliance training to the business
- Ensure appropriate utilization of the GTS Operations Service Center for product classification (import and export), restricted party screening, and duty savings compliance, and otherwise the ensure proper country of origin determination, valuation, and admissibility
- Work with the Operational Service Centers to identify, evaluate and administer opportunities to facilitate trade in a cost-effective and compliant manner (e.g., make use of applicable Free Trade Agreements, Duty Drawback, First Sale for Export, Foreign Trade Zones, etc.)
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal functions, including corporate functions, to encourage awareness of global trade compliance issues, pro-actively identify trade risks and threats, and develop appropriate trade compliance controls
Talent Development & Leadership
- Create a culture of engagement and performance in alignment with TE’s core values
- Provide timely, thoughtful feedback to support your team’s growth and development
- Lead and coach with empathy
What your background should look like:
Success in the role requires strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, strategic analysis and planning capabilities involving complex situations, highly developed oral and written communication skills, and the ability to coordinate interdisciplinary teams (internal and external) to drive issues and projects to conclusions.
In addition, a successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience, and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in international business, supply chain, law, or related field)
- 10+ years’ experience in global trade compliance
- 3+ years’ experience in functional leadership or senior management in a multinational environment
- 3+ years’ experience in supporting trade functions with a strong preference for trade compliance experience encompassing businesses with a focus on data centers, computing cloud, enterprise telecom, and/or electronics
- Prior experience leading or actively participating in a trade-related organizational transformation is strongly preferred
- Broad functional knowledge of import and export regulations and familiarity with customs practices in countries across the region
- In-depth knowledge of US Export Controls (IEAR & ITAR) and experience implementing evolving regulatory requirements
- Experience in applicability of US export control laws and regulations outside the United States and with potential conflicts of laws
- Proven ability to work with a variety of business groups, including supply chain, legal, procurement, and finance
- Demonstrated leadership capability with a proven ability to build teams and drive result
- Excellent organizational habits, priority management, and delegation skills
- Customer-focused with a commitment to quality
- Good project management skills
- Experience in implementing and supporting Trade compliance systems
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Travel: 10 – 25%
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $127,900 – $191,900 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets