STRATEGIC SOURCING ANALYST III
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Manages a commodity/category of Direct components. Develops the strategy that optimizes the supply chain of such category for TE benefit, in alignment to Business Unit strategies. Executes the sourcing process including but not limited to the preparation of RFQ packages, price, T&C’s, contracts (pricing agreements, supply agreements, etc.). Develops and sustains robust business relationships with internal customers and external suppliers. Sourcing specialist also responsible to represent procurement with cross functional teams such as engineering, finance, quality, and operations.
Description of the primary work duties and major responsibilities:
- Accountable to achieve/exceed KPI’s related to total cost savings
- Builds strong relationships with strategic suppliers to optimize performance
- Develops, executes, category strategies ensuring alignment with plant and BU objectives
- Leads and executes the Sourcing Steps
- Clears the path to issues related with supply disruptions
- Ensures and promotes adherence to global processes, policies, procedures, best practices within TE and extensive to supply base
- Manages data Integrity in SAP related to field.
- Develops and/or executes cost analysis
- Periodic reporting to upper management on objectives performance.
Important: Travel anywhere from 50% to 75% as needed.
What your background should look like:
- 5+ years’ Experience in a similar field / souricng
- Bachelor’s degree (Business management, finance, engineering preferred)
- Knowledge of ERP systems as applicable to planning & purchasing (SAP knowledge is a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Fluent in English language)
- Project management skills/knowledge, intermediate to advance preferred
- Negotiation and analytical skills
- Intermediate to advance use of MS office application mainly focus in Excel
- Strong presentation skills, experience presenting to upper management preferred (Sr. Mgr, Directors)
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of finance and cost analysis to determine component price competitiveness
Experience/background in the below field appreciated
- Injection Molding
- Metal Stamping
- Electronics and electrical components
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $65,200 – 97,800 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets