Key Account Manager (Remote-West Coast)
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Account Management Teams are responsible for selling TE's products, systems or services, providing detailed technical product information and maintaining relationships with customers in assigned geographic territory, industry or accounts. The Industrial business unit of TE Connectivity has an opportunity for an experienced Key Account Manager (KAM) in the Aerospace, Defense & Marine (AD&M) group. This position holds responsibility for all business within a major account assignment(s). The KAM is the focal point of contact for new business opportunities, customer retainment & growth for a defined market & customer set. This position will be responsible for driving revenue, order- to -cash & overall customer satisfaction. KAMs will identify, develop, and implement near-term & long-term business development strategies relating to the development of their most strategic customers. They will also manage specific customer accounts, with responsibility for customer relationship management, forecasting, sales support, & customer roadmaps. They identify market & customer opportunities & determine the feasibility of business & customer development. The KAM will coordinate with Field Application Engineers and Product Managers. The Key Account Manager is responsible for developing & executing a comprehensive sales & business development strategy to grow profitable business. This position reports directly to the Sr. Director Sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively contribute to forecast management process for assigned customers
- Understanding of, and ability to actively participate in AD&M’s monthly S&OP process
- Participate in implementing customer portal solutions as well as EDI Data into associated business processes / SAP to drive automation thus increasing efficiencies.
- Define & facilitate any implementation of or change to customer required business processes across various TE functions.
- Backlog management of assigned customer backlog to mitigate any risk to potential future past dues in collaboration working with assigned Customer Service Representative.
- Manage critical delivery shortages. Rapid coordination of, and resolution to any critical supply chain situation by mobilizing a cross functional team to address & correct any impediments to achieving our commitments.
- Participate in, and/or initiate any relevant continuous improvement activities (TEOA Corporate Program, Lean management) cross functionally internally at TE, and/or externally with assigned customers with the ultimate goals of improving efficiencies & customer service
- Ensure contractual obligations with key customers in the logistics/supply chain area are respected & executed across our organizations (e.g. products migration/manufacturing relocation, ERP change)
- Coordinate proper change & adjustment to any relevant system settings (VMI, DCs, etc.) in any change situation: product migration/manufacturing relocation, DCs & carrier changes, ERP change, etc.
- Work cross functionally to facilitate any customer audits at various TE manufacturing facilities as well as resolve any post-audit gap closure required by customer findings.
- Drive new business through existing customers & new customers to achieve YoY growth targets.
- Manage & develop a team of account managers / build sustainable succession plans & talent depth throughout the sales organization
What your background should look like:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS in Marketing, Business preferred
- Must have 5 years or more successfully leading sales teams
- Strong customer management skills at executive levels within the customer base.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- History of building strong go to market strategies with growth success
- Strategic perspective
- Strong leadership ability
- Skilled negotiation background
- Knowledgeable in hybrid selling models
- Demonstrated ability to coach & mentor teams
- History of building strong succession
- Knowledge of commercial air & defense markets
- History of achieving YoY growth targets
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. & non-U.S. export control laws & regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms & conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $100,200 - $155,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
Preferred Location Northern California and Washington State
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets