Plant Controller: Open to Relocation
Location: Fairview, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Financial Control Teams coordinate, administer, and control financial operations. They review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports, direct all aspects of accounting operations and the preparation of annual financial forecasts. They also oversee the development of financial accounting systems required to maintain reporting requirements.
The Aerospace, Defense & Marine (AD&M) Business Unit is currently seeking a plant controller for Fairview, NC Relays Plant. The Plant Controller must be an exceptional business partner to the plant manager and his/her teams. This position is responsible for pulling together all plant financials, analyzing and bridging between details at the entity level and up-leveling results for review by global management. The role reports directly to the Relay Operations Finance lead with a strong dotted line to the plant manager.
- A key contributor to the plant strategy by providing financial support and risk analysis
- Coordinate and drive the forecast and budget process
- Drive the financial performance improvements across all operational areas including material spend, labor & overhead.
- Provide financial support & analysis for the plant including capacity analysis, automation projects & other capital investments
- Coordinate & conduct monthly plant reviews. Maintain standard & monthly reporting on operations finance topics
- Perform analysis & reporting on Inventory, WO variances, Standards Analysis, PPV, and Subcontracts.
- Perform tasks in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley & accounting policies to maintain a strong control environment for inventories, fixed assets, capital, & other areas
- Prepare financial validation and follow up to Capital Equipment Request (CER)
- Review and approve savings projects and monitor achievement
- Lead asset management, asset transfer efforts, & inventory accuracy
- Lead, develop & manage team
- Participate/Engage in LEAN manufacturing
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
What your background should look like:
- A forward-thinker, energetic leader who demonstrates diversity in their experiences & is a strategic business partner
- Exhibits a compelling drive for accomplishing goals with a strong sense of urgency
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Prior finance experience in general accounting principles & process
- Good understanding of financial analysis, financial modeling, forecasting, reporting, & manufacturing costing
- University Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Experience: Min 5+ years of finance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of standard costing, variance analysis, cost accounting, cost analysis & reporting matters
- Understanding of financial drivers & their impact within a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of manufacturing, procurement, and other supply chain matters
- Familiarity with SAP, excel & data manipulation
Keywords: Cost Accounting, Costing, Plant Finance Manager, Manufacturing, Yield, P/L Tableau, SAP, Excel
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter. We are
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $101.5 - 152.3K (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal & external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off & voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets