TECHNICIAN TEAM LEADER IV
Location: Brooklyn Park
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Operations Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations and short/long-term planning for the groups they manage. They manage manufacturing, production control, engineering, inventory control, EH&S, shipping/receiving, etc. focusing on the development of technologies and continuous improvement and translating customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes.
The Manufacturing Team Leader provides work direction and coordinates the activities of Commercial Production and Production Operators on the line(s) that they support. Responsible for performing a wide variety of operations in support of Commercial Production goals. Works with Operations support functions and assists in training new Production Operators on the THERMOPLASTICS team.
1st Shift 6:00am - 2:30pm, Monday - Friday
- Works on operations activities on the line(s) they support.
- Coordinates work direction of operations and activities for production and operating workers on the line(s) they support. Works with Engineers to understand daily output requirements and communicate tool, product or part needs on the line(s).
- Demonstrate equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees, or assign employees to experienced workers for training. Enforces safety and sanitation regulations.
- Ability to perform and demonstrate all Manufacturing procedures after training and the ability to train operators on manufacturing procedure.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production needs. Accurately completes all essential documents.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as bonding, trimming, etching wires, swaging shafts, fusing skiving shafts, folding, marking, braiding, coiling, and perform leak testing. Adjusts and trims materials from components to achieve specified medical or dimensional characteristics.
- Performs online go-not-go testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Packages finished assemblies or subassemblies in clear plastic bags. Ability to inspect work-in-process to documented quality standards. Working understanding of Just-In-Time assembly procedures such as lot control, line clearance forms, and material requisitions.
- Monitor (each morning and throughout the day) the sign-off of routing paperwork and verify the in-process testing (ex. Pull Tests) is done on time and accurately.
- This position gives work direction to assigned line(s) only.
What your background should look like:
- High School Diploma or GED. 1-3 years’ experience in manufacturing environment preferred, preferably medical device; experience working with different types of catheter equipment and materials; and basic drawing and specification understanding.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts using basic math.
- Possesses the leadership skills needed to lead the team and provide adequate work direction.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English in order to effectively understand, complete and communicate required paperwork and documentation, including but not limited to safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, Lot History Records (LHR) and procedure manuals, to effectively communicate to cross-functional teams.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $18 - $27.50 /HR (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets