KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER - REMOTE
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Job overview Connectivity's Account Management Teams are responsible for selling TE's products, systems, or services, providing detailed technical product information, and maintaining relationships with customers in assigned geographic territory, industry, or accounts. TE Connectivity's Distribution Management Teams manage the sale and placement of products in the marketplace to customers, either directly through the sales force or indirectly through distributors, dealers, and agents Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $12.2 billion global connectivity and sensor solutions technology leader serving the transportation, industrial, medical, energy, data, appliance, and subsea communications sectors. The company excels in solutions for harsh environments. An enterprise of over 78,000 people, including more than 7,000 engineers, TE Connectivity (TE) partners with customers in over 150 countries. The company’s products and services sense and connect data, power, or signals to deliver power and data more efficiently and allow technology to more accurately react to the environment around it. TE is also heavily invested in the Internet of Things, advancing the connectivity of devices, systems, and services. From the Mars Rover to subsea communications networks, electric cars to wearable fitness trackers, smarter appliances to smarter buildings, TE HPG, sensors, antennas, and other products are helping to make the future.
Channel Key Account Manager (f/m/d) Our $2B Global Channel business unit serves our indirect TE customers while setting and executing TE’s overall distribution strategy. As part of our $1.2B Americas Channel Sales organization, this role is responsible for developing and implementing the Regional business plan between TE and the distributor ensuring it is consistent with the goals of the TE distribution strategy. The plan needs to result in an increased market share for TE within the distributor in the assigned region. Coordinate distributor branch activity to achieve target growth. Be the communications focal point for TE/distributor relationship. This position reports to the Senior Director, of Americas Channel Sales and will be responsible for one of our key partners in the region.
As a Channel Key Account Manager (f/m/d), you’ll be responsible for:
- Preparing necessary regional strategy and business plans between TE and the distributor. Liaise with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure the plan meets overall objectives
- Plan to include goals/actions to achieve revenue growth, Branch targets and scorecards, asset & inventory objectives, training, and New Product Introduction, and market growth plans
- Develop relationships with regional distributor executive management to enable executive support and execution of the strategic plan. Includes sales, marketing, asset, and general management.
- Develop influential relationships with TE BU’s and align objectives with distributor and BU.
- Participate / Support regional and branch business review structure with the distributor.
- Implement distributor/TE management process to achieve goals and measurement tools for progress.
- Support, develop, and implement GTM strategies with distributors and BU.
- Develop cadence that meets BU/Channel and Distributor Expectations to monitor progress monthly and quarterly against goals of TE management
- Understand regional market dynamics including application and technology growth areas, competitor positioning, market share position, and TE position in these areas.
- Communicate back to TE BU’s and Channel Management teams market intelligence as required.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s technical degree or other disciplines required
- 5+ years in a related field including regional sales and marketing experience
- Preferred background of working with electronics distributors either at OEM, Supplier, or distributor.
- Strong strategy development and program management experience and the ability to influence the direction and output of multiple cross-disciplinary teams.
- Requires demonstrated understanding of the interaction of marketing, finance, operations, logistics, distribution, and customer relations at every level of the organization Knowledge of electronics distribution processes, players, market dynamics, etc.
- Capability to get in touch and communicate with external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work from home office environment Effectively work across all levels of the organization and with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Energetic and highly motivated
- Willingness to travel (>50%) and be effective while on the road
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $125,700 – $188,500 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets