Director, Product Management (Energy & Renewables)
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity (TEL) is the go-to engineering partner for today’s innovation leaders and technology entrepreneurs. We help solve tomorrow’s toughest challenges with advanced connectivity and sensor solutions, delivering on our commitment to creating a safer, more sustainable, more productive, and connected future. As a global company, we operate in over 44 countries, with 80,000 employees worldwide, and are defined by our core values: Innovation, Integrity, Accountability, and Teamwork. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where all employees are engaged and empowered and aspire to have a diverse workforce at all levels that reflects the diversity of the customers we serve. We invite you to explore our website (www.te.com) to learn about the many industries our products enable and to learn more about Life at TE.
Our Energy business is committed to innovation so that our customers can build sustainable energy networks while improving the reliability of the grid. Our new Director of Offer Management will be at the forefront, driving product growth for the Americas region. In this role, you’ll define strategy, identify growth initiatives, and work across the entire enterprise to ensure we are ready to deliver the future of energy.
- Define the America market growth rate by cross-functionally aligning the TAM/PAM/SAM between PM/Sales/Strategy.
- Partner with the with Regional GM, Product Management and the commercial team to define the 5 years AMS growth strategy and related initiatives.
- Align with the global strategy function and support the quarterly investor submissions.
- Support the budget planning process by providing accurately quantified product growth data to the AMS leadership.
- Define with the sales operation’s leader a comprehensive strategy execution cadence. (Growth initiative implementation includes New Product Introduction (NPI) roadmap execution and Gross margin improvement cadence)
- Own the AMS NPI Process:
- Develop the strategic product roadmap for AMS and own the AMS lite project selection process.
- Develop comprehensive business cases for AMS investment in products/product manufacturing growth initiatives as required.
- Monitor and manage the progress of product investment initiatives to ensure that the outcomes are in accordance with the approved business case.
- Act as the proxy Chair on behalf of the AMS GM as/if required
- Ensure the proper internal and external launch of new products in AMS. Ensure that external launches are professional, best in class and well-coordinated between PM, marketing, sales and our target customer base.
- Develop a pipeline of potential M&A targets which are aligned with the AMS strategy. Work with internal Energy stakeholders to evaluate and qualify M&A targets.
- Leadership duties:
- Be the primary senior management interface between AMS and the global PM team.
- Contribute to the AMS strategy and the overall leadership of the region as an active member of the AMS Leadership Team (ALT).
- Act as the escalation point for the AMS commercial organization for business-critical product topics.
- Serve as a leader and influencer on a team that delivers impact across a wide range of initiatives - from the strategic to the tactical.
- Ensure your team successfully manages end-to-end execution of these efforts (strategy, design, execution, rollout, post-launch measurement) to ensure that well thought-out strategies materialize into measurable business impact.
- Track and report on NPS for AMS. Identify and drive gap closure actions where required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or business degree equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience in regional roles, preferably with PM or related discipline
- Proven record of strategy and execution plans
- Experience with M&A and other strategic partnerships
- Solid understanding of the Energy market and products; technical knowledge of energy products such as medium and high voltage
- Dynamic leader with powerful communication skills who can articulate the vision of Energy in the Americas region
- Demonstrated ability as problem solver in a fast-paced environment
- Inspiring leader who builds inclusive and diverse teams that win together
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
A successful Director PM is:
- Detail-orientated, highly organized, and able to prioritize their time effectively
- Proactive and responsive to customer (internal and external) requirements
- Experience in building relationships and to influence across functions
- Inspires trust and open communication amongst team members and peers
- Agile and able to adjust quickly to rapidly changing business conditions
- Able to confidently represent the company in a professional manner
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $164,400.00 – $246,600.00 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets