Supply Chain Manager
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Supply Chain Managers are responsible for the timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, planning of production materials and the logistics operations to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. They ensure the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled, and the maintenance of inventory at the established levels. Identifying opportunities for improving efficiency, effectiveness, and capabilities of the supply chain. Focuses on continuous improvement of the movement of materials through production processes, and the improvement of key performance metrics.
The scope of this position includes demand management, supply planning and supplier management, warehousing, line replenishment, shipping and receiving.
- Analyze forecast signals from the Demand Planning team to generate an optimized build plan while ensuring effective communication across extended supply chain.
- Lead the MPS function to optimize the production plan with the aim to support customer demand, optimize production utilization and balancing inventory in a targeted manner.
- Lead the Material Planning team ensuring implementation of production plan of work centers, machines, or processes to meet customer requests.
- Monitor MRP system setup, identify capacity constraints and proactively expand drive capacity to avoid supply and demand gaps.
- Ensure appropriate parameter settings, system settings and system usage.
- Lead the Materials Analyst team ensuring the right amount of material is procured within the appropriate timing.
- Develop standards for materials management including appropriate levels of safety stock, in-process inventory, and finished goods. Handles the disposition of obsolete inventories according to the company’s policy.
- Oversee and supervise physical inventories.
- Active participation in monthly Supply Review Meeting, identifying risks and opportunities and ensuring necessary proactive measures are taken to close gaps to meet budgets.
- Develop new and existing relationships with suppliers.
- Coordinate information flow between planning, warehouse, and production teams.
- Lead, manage, motivate, and develop Supply chain team.
- Proactively approach other functions within Demand Planning, Customer Service and Supply Chain for end-to-end optimization.
- Accountable for the timely and accurately execution at the shipping and receiving areas.
- Track and control supply chain KPIs including corrective measure to management on regularly base.
- Improve the overall supply chain performance and look for any possible innovations to the process.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in supply chain optimization and planning in comparable environment, close to manufacturing operations, preferable high-mix, low volume.
- Proven experience in organization transformation, team leadership, and team development.
- Proven track record of supply chain improvements.
- Wide range of planning experience (Capacity Planning, supply planning, scheduling) including working experience in supply chain and ERP systems (e.g., SAP). SAP knowledge is preferred.
- Strong background in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Power Point) to be used for analytics, decision making, and communication.
- Committed, entrepreneurial, proactive working attitude (“Driver for Change”).
- Lean Material Replenishment and Flow experience / Lean Certification and Six Sigma Training.
- APICS CPIM and SIOP Certification preferred.
- Self-motivation - be able to work under pressure, be flexible, reliable, and able to deliver results according to specific targets in direct support of departmental goals and objectives.
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S.,or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $87,600 – $131,500 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets