Continuous Improvement Engineer Intern
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Continuous Improvement Teams design and implement programs and projects to improve products, services, or processes aligned with business strategies. They coach teams; establish program performance metrics; and establish process excellence supports.
TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) is a company-wide program aimed at improving our business performance by applying best practice improvement tools to become more efficient and effective so that we can be more productive, satisfy our customers and deliver more value to our shareholders.
This position is responsible for deploying TEOA throughout the Greensboro Manufacturing Site to drive flawless execution with TEOA tools and methods that are flexible, reliable, and responsive.
During your time this Program you will work with the all the departments in the Greensboro campus to drive continuous improvement project forward.
- Perform Gemba walks to the assigned machine and or value stream to identify and document process current state.
- Use the QCPC lean tool to collect interruptions on the assigned machine and or value stream.
- Time study the top 80 interruptions on the assigned machine and or value stream.
- Follow the spaghetti diagram to document all transportation waste on the assigned machine and or value stream.
- Do a quick change over kaizen to reduce 10% current time on the assigned machine and or value stream.
- Coaching the value stream production team members in TPM, OEE, QCPC, and waste concepts.
- Assist in defining and supporting standardized processes to reduce increment at least 10% on the assigned machine and or value stream.
- Utilize brainstorming, problem-solving, and 5 whys techniques to identify and address root causes for the top inefficiencies on the assigned machine and or value stream.
- Ensure the kaizen events performed follows the TEOA methodology and standard work in alignment with the OEE and TPM requirements.
- Report out kaizen results and benefits to the Greensboro staff.
What your background should look like:
Must be enrolled with an accredited college/university
Planned graduation between 2024-2026
Bachelor Degree Program in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering/Industrial Technology, or another related major.
Must be authorized to work in the US without requiring Sponsorship
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $18.00 – $27.00/hourly (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
EOE, Including Disability/Vets