Quality Analyst II
Location: Fairview, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Quality Management Systems Analyst (QMSA) is responsible for establishing, implementing, and maintaining systems and/or services to measure and improve product quality, cost and customer service while ensuring full compliance to AS9100, and applicable customer requirements. The QMSA will also lead and organize systems, process, and product analysis audits. The Quality Management Systems Administrator is responsible to ensure organizational procedures and processes align with regulatory, TE, customer, and local requirements. This position is critical to building, enabling, and sustaining systems that promote a strong quality culture and continuous improvement. The QS Administrator reports to the Quality Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all elements of the QMS meet or exceed the applicable ISO/AS standards and other relevant regulations
- Manage site procedures, specifications and other controlled documents ensuring compliance with regulatory, TE and local procedures and requirements (including management of Change Control, and Document/Record Control)
- Manage the Internal Audit process and conduct audits as needed (AS9100, FAA, customer-required, etc)
- Provide direct support external audits (e.g., ISO, AS, DLA, customer); co-lead audits with site leadership; organize plan and communicate audit requirements internally and externally as required
- Manage and ensure closure of internal and external audit findings
- Support Management Review process, organize meetings, ensure compliance with requirements
- Maintain records according to TE Corporate Records Retention Policy and customer requirements
- Support Quality and Company objectives and goals
- Support training and expertise in the above listed areas.
- Implements standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, technical quality assurance and control systems and activities, testing and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of company products.
- Performs evaluation and audits of internal controls, communications, risk assessments and maintenance of documentation as related to compliance with internal and external safety, quality, and regulatory standards.
- Identifies risk and evaluates deficiencies and works with internal departments/business units to appropriately remedy them, evaluating the results of corrective actions.
- Facilitates internal training on quality assurance requirements, processes, and procedures.
- Uses standard procedures (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14000, AS9100, family of standards), quality audits/review, process reengineering, etc.
- Requires capability to understand, implement, and sustain industry and governmental regulations affecting product quality.
- Ensures that the production process runs in predefined conditions.
- Plan, organize, control, and regularly review organization's projects and processes to ensure the achievement of both day-to-day and longer-term targets with respect to quality.
- Validates and follows the quality assurance contracts with suppliers, vendors, and/or partners.
- Will assist in Document Control activities as necessary i.e. processing controlled documents and deviations to approved operational processes in compliance to internal and external requirements.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality Management/related field, or 2+ years Quality Systems experience
- Highly organized and able to clearly communicate requirements, and partner with stakeholders to implement and/or improve processes
- Solid understanding of the following bodies of knowledge:
o AS9100D required, consideration given for FDA CFR 210/211
o IPC 610, JSTD (preferred)
o AS9100D Lead Auditor preferred- must attain within 90 days post hire
- Understanding of the key quality terms, definition, facts, methods, and principles
- Ability to evaluate proposed ideas, solutions, corrections compared to specifications
- Advanced computer experience with writing and editing documentation
- Read and understand descriptions, reports, regulations, instructions, technical documents, etc.
- Ability to breakdown and analyze information and recognize their relationship to one another
- Ability to communicate complex issues and solutions to cross-functional teams verbally and in writing
This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware, or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $62,200 – $93,200 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets