Location: Redwood City, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Electrician Teams install, repair, and maintain wiring, electric fixtures, and control equipment in the facilities they support. They complete work orders and record material utilized on jobs. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and repair all electrical and simple mechanical and instrumental equipment.
- Read blueprints and technical drawings.
- Perform installation and repairs of motors, starters, electrical controls, and electrical equipment.
- Run conduit, pulls wires, and make connections with a minimum of assistance.
- Maintain parts inventory and availability.
- Records daily activities in a log book.
- Must be al le to respond to emergency plant calls as needed.
- Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain work area per plant standards for safety, efficiency, and cleanliness.
- Attend safety meetings and abide by all safety rules set forth by the company and governmental regulatory agencies: ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and all other tasks and/or responsibilities as assigned.
- Operate, install electrical systems and perform a functional test of building and/or plant equipment (e.g.. machines, motor controls, room remodels), as required
- Determine if the system should be shut down or if work must be performed with a power source on
- Lock out, tag out, and try out equipment and related systems, as required
- Perform primary and secondary tests on electrical breakers during routine maintenance
- Replace, update, and retrofit breakers, as required
- Perform routine tests on high voltage switches and relays, using high-potential test equipment (Hipot), and replace switch or relay, as required Monitor current, voltage, amperage, frequency, and watts hours at sub-stations using a line computing system Check and service electrical systems, using infrared analysis sheets to locate hot spots in the service panel, as required
- Service and maintain electrical systems on various types of overhead cranes
- Install and perform routine maintenance on all types of lighting fixtures (e.g.. fluorescent, halide, standard) clean and check sockets, replace ballast and bulb, as required Install, replace and repair fiber optic cable for computers and computing systems, as required
- Bend conduit and install junction boxes, as required
- Pull wire of various gauges and color through the conduit using a fish tape, install and connect switches and outlets
- Check work after completion or after each operation; ensure the job is per drawing and WAC. NEC codes
What your background should look like:
- High school education or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in the industrial electrical field.
- At least 3 years of experience as an Electrician or apprentice Electrician license (EL01 &/or EL 07) or an apprentice training card
- At least 1 year of experience maintaining industrial equipment
- This position requires an individual when working at heights to utilize fall protection equipment that has weight limitations and must be able to pass fall protection training
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note: This position involves working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $77,400 – $116,100 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets