MANUFACTURING ENGINEER II
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
As a Manufacturing Engineer II, you will be a leader in improving medical manufacturing processes. This will be a fast-paced role where you will improve yields, institute quality controls, improve process capability, and lead capital equipment projects. You will be a key member of the team in facilitating changes with vendors and customers including management of CAPAs, Notification of Changes, Change Plans, and material qualifications.
- Root cause analysis using structure problem solving methodologies.
- Drive continuous improvement activities with manufacturing engineering, quality, supply chain and operations through lean and six sigma methodologies.
- Establishing and executing, engineering studies, capability assessments, test method validations, and characterization efforts.
- Regular collaboration with customers to address quality issues, design changes, and cost improvements.
- Translating objectives (“characterize [this] output through [that] process”) into tasks and executing them.
- Equipment insourcing, improvement, and validation, as needed.
- Fixture design, development and implementation.
- Adhering to quality and compliance standards to ensure safe and effective use of the devices TE manufactures.
- Attend and represent the Engineering team in daily tiered meetings. Provide response to productions issues.
- Train and provide direction to Operators, Technicians, and fellow Team members.
- Create and modify detailed work instructions.
- Author and route Deviation Authorizations and Change Plans.
- Procure & qualify capital equipment, tooling, and fixtures for manufacturing.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Biomedical, Material Science, or related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience in a manufacturing environment
- Innovative idea-generator who enjoys leading teams and mentoring others
- Structured problem-solving experience; A3, DMAIC
- Process Capability / Statistical Analysis experience (Minitab)
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, customers, and external regulatory officials. Technical report writing and excellent record keeping required.
- IQ/OQ/PQ experience a plus
- Six Sigma, lean experience
- SAP experience a plus
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $70600 – $106000
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets