Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
PRODUCTION OPERATOR II
Location: Medway, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing/Production Teams transform raw materials into finished goods and ensure component flow. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
- Operates, and verifies the quality of work on a wide variety of ECC saws involving close tolerances.
- Performs routine or repetitive operations in a manner which will consistently meet quality requirements and production standards.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Runs routine and repetitive operations that are set-up on a wide variety of ECC saws
- Works from drawings and/or specifications as well as other Traveler instructions at times under supervision.
- Evaluates job performance compared to established production and quality standards. Makes suggestions for improvements to processes to enhance operations.
- Maintains required tooling, as needed, to manufacture parts to specifications.
- Conducts quality checks through the use of fixed or adjustable precision measuring devices.
- Lubricates and cleans machines as necessary.
Position Responsibilities (continued)
Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition. Works safely, and complies with all established safety rules and work practices.
- Complies with Company, Department, and quality policies and procedures as applicable.
- Keeps Operations Manager informed of job related problems and other information related to work activity.
- Maintains a positive attitude and promotes a “team” approach throughout the Department.
- Performs multiple operations as required.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned. Primarily responsible for efficient and effective production. Must produce product in adherence to Quality Management System.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arm; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: General machine shop environment
What your background should look like:
Essential skills and experience
- High school education or equivalent, plus at least 2 years of Vo-Tech training in machine tool technology or a related area or equivalent.
- 6 months to 2 years of ECC saws operating experience in a job shop environment.
- Very strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $$
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets