MANUFACTURING ENGINEER II
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Including but not limited to:
-Support production through the daily oversite of process efficiency and troubleshooting of processing problems. Focus will be on plastics molding processes primarily thermoforming and injection molding.
-Work closely with Product Management and R&D to rapidly respond to new product requests and to develop accurate specifications and documentation with a focus towards manufacturability.
-Create Bills of Material, routers and other supporting documentation like Standard Work for new parts and modify for existing parts.
-Improve process OEE through continuous improvement activities.
-Document and optimize process parameters to establish ideal run conditions as well as improve quality and reliability.
- Initiate cost savings activities to reduce waste.
-Reduce scrap through the use of process improvement tools such as Quick Changeover, QCPC, and layout optimization.
- Initiate justifications for capital expenditures.
- Project manage large and small capital projects efficiently to complete on time and within budget.
What your background should look like:
- Minimum BS degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology (Mechanical or Manufacturing Preferred)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a plastics manufacturing environment (preferred) supporting production and new product introductions.
- Experience or exposure to thermoforming process a plus.
- Proven track record in the application and use of LEAN/Six Sigma tools
- Demonstrated Project Management skills to execute cost reduction projects on time and within budget
- Individual should be a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast change, high paced environment
- Experience with ERP system set up and use is a plus (SAP and/or MFGPRO)
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $70,600 – 106,500 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets