Sr. Quality & Reliability Engineer
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated SR QLTY & RELIABILITY ENGINEER to join the Advanced Quality Engineering (AQE) team located remotely, with travel to support plants in Hauppauge NY, Fairview NC & Mansfield OH. This is an opportunity to join a new team of highly motivated and experienced quality professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business and emphasize TE’s core values of integrity, innovation, accountability, and teamwork.
In this challenging and rewarding position the (AQE) function supports New Product / Process development and successful launch into operations, through the implementation of APQP to meet customer ramp-up schedules and by ensuring customer product requirements are met. You will be responsible for reviewing, completing, analyzing, and reporting on deliverables aligned to APQP.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned Quality Engineer with experience in Aerospace components manufacturing.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Evaluation of customer quality requirements and quality flow downs
- Interface with customers, internal manufacturing sites and suppliers as required to address and resolve issues as they arise. Travel will be required between Hauppauge, Fairview and Mansfield manufacturing sites, suppliers, and customers
- Coordination with other core project functions by providing input for project analysis, feasibility studies, design reviews, as well providing quality Planning and APQP deliverables according to Lean PD process
- Complete project audit of all key deliverables at each gate process and final G6 sign off
- Lead and direct Product and Manufacturing Engineers and Technicians in the resolution of issues
- Working with suppliers to provide digital documentation in the form of a digital PPAP
- Read engineering drawings interpreting geometric tolerancing and develop the corresponding quality inspection plans (QIP) for components and assemblies
- Ensure all critical/ key characteristics are identified on drawings and flow through all quality control documentation
- Assess project specific gaging requirements and work with relevant suppliers to have gages designed, built, and calibrated.
- Read and interpret quality specifications and ensure captured on the requirements document PRD Form 5185
- Manipulate statistical data using programs such as Minitab or JMP
- Execution of failure analysis (Ishikawa, 5 Why, 8D)
- Analysis of quality and process data (ppm, scrap, Pareto, CPK, COPQ etc.)
- Capability to facilitate and lead Cross Functional Teams in design and process FMEA’s
- Continual updating of FMEA’s and preparation of CP and QIP’s in case of quality issues, tool and processes transfers and New Process Introduction.
- Evaluation of quality related deviations during the APQP process, including escalation, definition, implementation, and execution of corrective actions.
- Moderation of FMEA development to achieve implementation of both customer and TE requirements and standards through the evaluation of product and process related risks
- Support roll-out and execution of standard tools: APIS, Q-DAS, QIP, FAI PPAP & Lessons Learned Data
- Learn and lead the incorporation of the AS9145 PPAP process into the ADM NPI process.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or Manufacturing
- At least 5 years’ experience in Quality, Industrial, Manufacturing, Design Engineering or New Product Development Engineering
- Strong working knowledge of FMEA, Value Stream Mapping, Process Flow, Control Plan, MSA, Gage R&R, GD&T, FAI & PPAP
- Expert in problem solving tools such as 8D, PPSR, 5 why, Kepner Trego, Pareto Principles and data analysis, Six Sigma Black Belt or Equivalent is a plus
- Ability to prioritize issues, analyze situations and implement effective corrective actions
- LDFSS Green Belt Certification
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $94,800 – $142,200 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets