Supv II Production - 2nd Shift
Location: Brooklyn Park
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing/Production Teams transform raw materials into finished goods and ensure component flow. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
Directly supervise approximately 20 production employees manufacturing medical extrusions. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the production team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Ensures on-time delivery and other company KPIs are continuously met. Drives continuous improvement activities.
- Provide a safe, productive and positive work environment, including housekeeping, that continuously align with EH&S regulations and specifications.
- Review, plan, and coordinate the assignment of production employees to meet value stream KPI’s.
- Define goals, develop standard work, improve technologies/processes, and determine best course of action to meet KPIs and resolve issues.
- Leads by example. Develops plans for improvement and drives action to results.
- Determine if resources are sufficient for successfully meeting production requirements and communicate needs to management.
- Interview and hire employees. Assure resources are properly trained and utilized to achieve maximum capacity.
- Process non-conforming material information and work with direct team to problem solve, improve processes and prevent future deviations from quality standards.
- Drive continuous improvement activities and utilize lean manufacturing tools. Lead a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure all work performed by yourself and your direct reports is in accordance with company policy in support of ISO 13485 requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field or equivalent (8 years of experience)
- Must have 5-10 years or more years of experience with 3 years supervisory experience.
- Previous experience with ISO13485, medical quality systems and manufacturing processes.
- Proven ability to lead/drive change using lean manufacturing techniques.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot issues and drive solutions/corrective action.
- Strong aptitude in Microsoft Office—Outlook, Excel, and Word. Ability to quickly learn internal software tools.
- Experience using Six Sigma tools and lean manufacturing techniques.
- Experience in lead time reduction and cost savings activities.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing behavior-based safety approach.
- Demonstrated experience of building a high performing team.
- Prior supervision in work center based high-mix manufacturing setting.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing lean transformation.
- Experience with SAP software in manufacturing applications.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $59k - $88.5k annually (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets