PRODUCTION MACHINIST I
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Machinist Team's responsibilities include, assignment planning, layout, set up, operating and making tool adjustments for various types of manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop equipment. They work from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions, communicating directly with engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
- Applies basic job skills to Set up and operate CNC Lathe and well as Milling machining equipment.
- Perform various secondary tasks such as deburring, reworking, cleaning and sanding.
- Read, interpret, and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately operate CNC Lathe and Milling machining equipment.
- Work with team to trouble shoot operations and/or flow issues.
- Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards, and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified.
- Meet documented and communicated standards for quality and productivity.
- Keep records of production quantities and time. Follows Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work safely with small hand tools and measuring equipment.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area by complying with 5S procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ability to operate multiple types of machines to accommodate scheduling needs.
- Ability to train temps, new hires on machining processes and product specifications.
- Ability to problem solve issues that arise, and resolve in a timely manner.
What your background should look like:
- Due to ITAR restrictions, US Citizenship or US Lawful Permanent Residency is required for this position
- Have previous machining experience in a machine shop environment.
- Use independent judgement and basic problem-solving skills to accomplish tasks
- Follow both written and verbal instructions, with a high attention to detail
- Flexibility to work overtime to meet company demands
- Ability to work in a team environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Relevant work experience
- SAP, Proquis experience a plus
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $16.35 – 24.52 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets