Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity is currently in search of a highly motivated Plant Controller for our Katy, TX Marine Oil & Gas facility. (MOG), is a $170M business within the Aerospace, Defense and Marine (AD&M) Business Unit. The position will be a key member of the management team responsible for achieving and reporting the results and responsible for the execution of finance initiatives. This position will serve as a business partner to the Plant Manager, to develop and execute the business strategy and fiscal plans. Effectively implements the corporate financial strategy while ensuring appropriate service and follow through. Oversees financial activities of the plant. Ensures policies and procedures are followed. Build strong relationships with key functional internal customers to effectively drive financial performance.
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S. or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
Role and Responsibilities
- A key contributor to the plant strategy by providing financial support and risk analysis
- Coordinate and drive the monthly, quarterly and annual forecast process
- Drive the financial performance improvements across all operational areas including material spend, labor and overhead
- Provide financial support and analysis for the plant including capacity analysis, automation projects and other capital investments
- Work with operational partners to ensure accurate standard costs are maintained for all products manufactured
- Provide financial leadership to support introductions of new products or manufacturing technologies and migrations of product lines to or from other manufacturing sites
- Coordinate and conduct monthly plant reviews. Maintain standard and monthly reporting on operations finance topics
- Perform analysis and reporting on Inventory, Mfg variances, Standards Analysis, PPV, and Subcontracts.
- Perform tasks in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and accounting policies to maintain a strong control environment for inventories, fixed assets, capital, and other areas
- Prepare financial validation and follow up to Capital Equipment Request (CER)
- Review and approve savings projects and monitor achievement
- Lead asset management, asset transfer efforts, and inventory accuracy
- Lead, develop and manage team
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- Accounting for Government contracting experience preferred.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills. Experience in Global Shop, SAP, Hyperion, various data mining / analysis is preferred.
- Ability to champion team productivity and cohesiveness and to work collaboratively to execute, deliver and get results through the various matrix teams is required
- Analytical thinking and creative problem-solving skill set with an acute attention to detail, requiring minimal supervision.
- Experience in financial reporting experience with emphasis in general ledger, financial analysis, cost accounting, and tax laws
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Understanding of standard costing, variance analysis, cost accounting, cost analysis and reporting matters
- Understanding of financial drivers and their impact within a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of manufacturing, procurement and other supply chain matters
- Understanding of GAAP
- Understanding of government accounting regulations such as FAR and CAS.
- Ability to evaluate current reporting structure and improve cycle time and quality of information
- Effective utilization of ERP System and MS Office tools including advanced MS Excel
- Ability to interact with all levels of organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects and change priorities as needed
- Ability to work in a cohesive team with common goals
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $74,900– 119,200 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets