Continuous Improvement Analyst
Location: Salunga-Landisville, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Continuous Improvement Teams design and implement programs and projects to improve products, services, or processes aligned with business strategies. They coach teams; establish program performance metrics; and establish process excellence supports.
The Continuous Improvement Analyst I is responsible for facilitating and deploying Continuous Improvement (we call it TEOA – TE Operating Advantage) throughout the assigned Value Stream to drive flawless execution with TEOA tools and methods that are flexible, reliable, and responsive. Implements, under the direction of the Operational Expenditure (OPEX) Manager. The TEOA system ensures a safe work environment, drives quality improvements, provides premier customer service, develops a qualified workforce, and reduces operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvement in the site systems. Partners with the Value Stream Manager to oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly, quarterly and annual operational and financial expectations.
- Partners with the Value Stream Manager on the implementation, coordination, and evaluation of TEOA within the assigned Value Stream Map (VSM) to eliminate waste and achieve targets.
- Responsible for coordinating with the Site Process Leader for Kaizen events, and the inclusion of improvement recommendations into the TEOA System Design.
- The TEOA Continuous Improvement Analyst will be responsible for coaching the value stream production team members in achieving the Value Stream Key Performance Indicator objectives aligned with the site performance and TEOA goals.
- Supports the integration of previously unconnected processes (departments) into one interconnected extended value stream as seen from the customer’s perspective.
- Supports the development and utilization of current and future state value stream maps to identify strategic projects and corresponding rolling 6-month implementation plans that are aligned with the company’s strategic direction.
- Foster the adoption of continuous improvement as a way life; creating a culture of change.
- Work with internal/external suppliers and customers on improving the total enterprise (extended VSM) using the TEOA system.
- Assists in defining, and supports, standardized programs to educate employees in the principles of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Assist in the identification and cross-leverage of best practices across the entire operation.
- Build strong and positive working relationships with all functional areas.
- With the Value Stream Manager, support the identification of production requirements within the Value Stream ensuring alignment with process departments (molding, stamping, plating, etc.) on needed capacity and priorities to achieve the Value Stream goals along with the development and deployment of appropriate planning, replenishment and signaling tools and methodologies aligned with Plan for Every Part (PFEP).
- The TEOA Continuous Improvement Analyst along with the Value Stream Manager will be responsible for developing and deploying the value stream daily accountability process and employing problem solving methodologies to determine root cause and develop countermeasures for misses to daily targets, identifying and ensuring resolution of system issues and ensuring the successful accomplishment of extended value stream customer expectations.
- The TEOA Continuous Improvement Analyst will ensure consistent application of TEOA methodology and standard work in alignment with TEOA peers and TEOA site/process leader.
What your background should look like:
- Must be US Citizen
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – can be Industrial, Mechanical, or Quality Engineer - or related discipline.
- Must be certified TEOA Practitioner or willing to acquire within the first year.
- Can communicate with all levels to get everyone on board.
- Strong planning/organization & time management skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, utilize process and value stream mapping, and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Have the patience, perseverance and passion to drive the TEOA culture across the plant.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically (i.e. deliver results)
- Analytically minded and data-driven. The candidate must also have a holistic overview of complex situations and deal effectively with difficult issues when they arise.
- Six Sigma Green Belt is a plus
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $52,900 - $79,300 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets