Sr Manager Quality Data Science and Analytics
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
What You'll Be Doing....
You will be responsible for providing the data analytics support for projects, including assembly of data for building models, building data pipelines, and performing predictive/prescriptive analytics, and building proof of concept applications and data visualizations. More specifically, you will:
- Collaborate with Product/ Manufacturing Process Development and Quality experts to understand their requirements and overall business needs and translate high-level ideas into well-defined mathematical problems
- Collaborate with IT partners to ensure that the solutions are deployed seamlessly
- Identify key data elements to extract/decode/analyze. Understand which elements of large data sets can be most effectively demonstrated in the analytic models and what potentially useful information may be missing.
- Applying advanced analytical solutions, and conduct analysis that consists of problem formulation, data extraction and pre-processing, modeling, validation, ongoing work, and presentations.
- Manipulate high-volume, high-dimensional structured and unstructured data from a variety of sources and implement algorithms to identify anomalies, relationships, and trends
- Collaborate internally and externally to identify new and novel data sources and explore their potential use in developing concrete business insight
- Explore new technologies and analytic solutions for use in quantitative model development and deployment
- Develop complete system designs that include data, pre-processing, modelling, optimization, post-processing and interfaces for user interaction.
- Interpret modeling results and communicate them to technical and non-technical audiences, multi-functional teams and leadership
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or Electrical Engineering
- 15+ Years in data analytics or role involving query development, data compilation
- Code languages; C/ C++, Python, R, SQL, Linux
- Data visualization: Tableau, Tableau Prep, AWS
- Statistics: Experienced with JMP, Minitab modeling; preferably experience in wafer fabrication and complex integrated circuit manufacturing and high reliability environments
- Excellent programming skills, particularly interface development to extract insights from large complex data sets
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and ability to work in collaborative team setting
- Comfortable working in fast paced and innovative environment where ambiguity exists
This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the US.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $136,400 - $204,600
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets