Director Continuous Improvement (REMOTE)
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $16 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. TE Connectivity is an independent publicly traded company whose common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “TEL.” www.te.com
Responsible for delivering operational transformation globally through the strategic deployment of programs & continuous improvement tools and techniques. Lead the continuous improvement journey through the deployment and enhancement of the company's long range strategic plan which will drive top tier performance, utilizing the TEOA business system. Support the business to improve and simplify existing processes and ensure capability of new processes drive reliability, predictability and efficiency while making the best use of available resources using continuous improvement methodologies. Operate as a leader within the Global Operations Leadership team ensuring that the functional perspective is represented in a matrix management environment. Astute leadership with varied experience would be a definitive asset in the leader to add diversity and different perspectives to our operations activities.
- Drive Execution of the TEOA Business system, Lean and continuous improvement methodology to deliver successful productivity, cost reduction and/or quality improvement initiatives.
- Lead the global Lean Enterprise in a structured sustainable way that simplifies business processes, while achieving challenging targets.
- Create a transformation roadmap that challenges the current Global Manufacturing value creation model (Global VSM) by interrogating build location, fully landed cost, freight costs, inventory levels and total product lead time creating a Global footprint strategy.
- Lead with partnership of all stakeholders our factory transformation roadmaps: guide the comprehensive analysis and prioritization of key opportunities for each site to create a systematic plan that will transform site operations delivering value to the organization.
- Align and engage cross functionally all members at all levels of the organization as we execute initiatives that will drive sustainable results. Success of this role will require engaging, leading and influencing key stakeholders across the organization globally, campus or site.
- Strategic Goal Deployment Process: in conjunction with the operations leadership team, guide and align strategic goals and objectives with transformational roadmaps and guide sites to plan and drive the projects to execute the strategic initiatives.
- Ensure the sharing and driving of best practices and lessons learned (internal / external).
- Leverage use of global communication platforms to fill the pipeline with new ideas and best practices, as well as providing the supply chain network with local CI success stories and initiatives.
- Deliver sustainable cultural and behavioral changes across the business to build a CI Lean culture including support functions.
- Deliver significant, measurable, and highly visible improvements across the entire manufacturing operations of a dynamic and rapidly changing manufacturing company.
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring and direction to staff, including hiring, performance management, training, and professional development.
- Partner, challenge, coach, and support plant managers and TEOA teams to hit the TEOA targets globally defined, ensuring that we have alignment with all stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement culture change through collaboration and communication regarding best practices knowledge sharing, internal and external benchmarking, talent development and, overall, a visibly passionate and vocal advocacy for hands-on leadership.
- Provide both strategic and tactical leadership regarding continuous improvement, project selection, scope, definition and performance, to ensure alignment with business strategy.
- Partner with senior business leaders to develop and lead the continuous improvement strategy world-wide, across multiple sites.
- Define and deploy the appropriate metrics to measure both productivity and process quality, providing meaningful feedback to the operations.
- Lead organizational meeting cadence as defined by the reporting methodologies within medical, segment and TEOA function.
- Demonstrating leadership and commitment in administering TE Connectivity’s values.
- TEOA employees globally <+20
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field preferred OR equivalent experience.
- Lean Manufacturing leadership
- DMAIC Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- 10 to 15 years of professional experience with focus on production, logistics or industrial engineering.
- Previous experience leading and transforming operations at multiple sites or value stream level is essential.
- Strong background in lean practices, experience in using value stream mapping and implementing lean tools, such as: 5S+1, Visual Factory, Standard Work, Quick Changeover and TPM essential.
- Excellent communication and coaching skills at all levels from the shop floor to top management
- Strong team leader, ability to think strategically and execute tactically to deliver results
- Analytically, data-driven and problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to have a holistic overview of complex situations and flexibility to deal effectively with difficult issues when they arise.
- Fluent in English
- Working knowledge of the manufacturing processes.
- The role will involve travel to other regions within the business unit and will require overnight stays travel ~50%
- The role has a heavy emphasis on supporting and coaching Plant Managers, TEOA Leaders and influence Operations Leaders to ensure significant improvements in the operations metrics.
- Unleash & develop talent: Develops self and others
- Move at customer’s pace: Provide extraordinary customer experiences
- Win in your markets: Use market intelligence to drive growth in your area of responsibility
- Mind what matters: Eliminate inefficiencies through TE Operating Advantage (TEOA)
- Think big, move fast: Properly balancing and combining scale and speed along with innovation is our competitive advantage and will allow to win in all of our markets
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $154,700.00 – $232,100.00 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets