CUSTOMER QUALITY ENGINEER
Location: Spring Hill, Tennessee
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Field Customer Quality is the responsible person in charge of creating the bridge between the customer and our operations sites. He / She will lead the activities inside of the customer network to enable the trust and enhance the relationship with the customer and our company. His / Her role will be key in providing a Excellent Customer Experience offering short, mid and long term solutions to any of their quality concerns with our products and always looking for opportunities to open new channels of business within the customer plant or the rest of customer applications. The Field Customer Quality Engineer responsibility will be to enrich his knowledge blending our companies’ educational principles with the customer discipline work scheme. He / She will need to learn how to move within the customer system in order to understand the requirements and expectations so they can be communicated in a easy and understandable way to our Plants and Support divisions. This will be including Quality, Manufacturing, Program, Engineering and Sales departments. This position will be reporting to the Regional Customer Quality Manager and will be a key position to create the relationship with the OEM that our company requires at this moment.
- Lead and guide our Internal teams to develop customer intimacy by representing voice of key customers inside TE Connectivity Americas Automotive to deliver extraordinary customer experience.
- Champion our manufacturing and quality teams in understanding the customer requirements and immediate needs from the customer.
- Document and issue Customer meeting minutes, record action items and reply in a timely manner; Capture meaningful customer feedback and communicate to cross functional internal teams
- Lead/participate in Customer engineering meetings and internal team meetings to ensure timely project execution and planned breakpoints are achieved. Identify mutually beneficial business, operational, product and packaging opportunities with key customers and proactively work with customers on implementation through joint Kaizen and other activities. Train strategic customer base on key TE product applications, processing and handling techniques.
- Drive the utilization of customer quality core tools based designed around 8D improvement, corrective action verification of effectiveness requiring the plant teams to deploy and implement the quality improvements to solve the customer quality issues and / or improve the performance.
- Conduct on-site installation and service of product; Support on site vehicle assembly plant trials, problem investigation, root cause and follow-up corrective actions/technical support.
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure key customer specific requirements are implemented and followed within TE.
- Daily customer visit and relationship forging within the customer network to enable the trust and confidence of the customer in our products.
- Ensure key customer portal TE performance is accurately reflected in the internal TECHS system in support of our global processes and procedures.
- Facilitate global read across for major or fundamental corrective actions.
- Align strategic approaches to customers with the Sales and Marketing team based on quality and business trends.
- Identify new opportunities and solutions to meet customer’s needs, propose modifications and enhancements to customer specifications. Work closely and strategically with TE sales/Field application engineers and Product/Process teams to provide customer viewpoint and support business growth.
- Effectively communicate (oral and written) Prepare and present detailed product specifications and technical marketing information to customer.
What your background should look like:
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Electronic Engineering required, Masters preferred; with 6+ years of relevant experience
- 3 years’ experience with all tools of IATF16949; especially APQP, PPAP, Root Cause Analysis - Candidate must display awareness level of convergent technical problem-solving tools such as Shainin Red X, and Six Sigma, preferred
- 4+ years with OEM and Tier 1 experience - Candidate must be well versed in working in technical and commercial environments and work fluidly to lead communications OEM customers. Prefer comfort with GM Operation System and requirements.
- 2 years of experience working with SPC, capability analysis, gage R&R, and statistical techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with project management capabilities
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize issues and make intelligent, timely decisions independently or in coordination with other cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Must be a team player and have the ability to interface well with all levels of personal/management - Candidate must be self-directed and possess strong managerial courage and business acumen
- Strong curiosity eye to always be in pursue for business opportunity within the customer programs and processes.
- Self-awareness and self-driving attitude, high resilience and open minded.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience:$73,000 - $109,600 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets