Global Trade Services (GTS) Sensors Export Manager AMER - Remote
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Trade Compliance Teams interpret laws, rules, and regulations regarding shipping and prepare applications for import/export control certifications and licenses.
We are building a world class Global Trade Services (GTS) organization and the Sensors Export Manager plays a critical role in supporting trade operations and compliance within the Sensors Business Unit (BU). We are currently building the GTS Sensors AMER Team. This position will report into the GTS Sensors Lead AMER which also will be a new position in the team.
The Trade Manager serves as a trusted advisor and key team member within TE’s Operational Compliance team for the BU. The purpose of this role is to facilitate TE’s compliance, at the BU level, with import and export regulations globally to enhance global trade compliance, reduce risk, increase responsiveness to issues and opportunities, and facilitate effective operational aspects of international trade.
This role reports into the Global Trade Services (GTS) Sensors AMER Lead and is a key member of the Global Trade Services (GTS) team. As part of the GTS AMER team, the Sensors Trade Manager will join a group of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business by providing business solutions for compliance with global trade laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will be able to collaborate and thrive in a global environment while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, and working together.
- Implement and execute trade operations and provide compliance oversight for Sensors BU to ensure TE’s compliance with import/export laws and regulations
- Maintain trade operations and compliance activities in accordance with TE policies, procedures, and controls, in collaboration with key stakeholders throughout the BU
- Manage export authorizations/licenses
- Act as a point of contact for BU stakeholders on trade-related matters.
- Engage BU stakeholders and counsel to understand business changes and develop trade-related solutions/strategies and controls to ensure compliance
- Maintain BU-level Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reporting to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the operations
- In partnership with GTS Governance, establish and maintain relationships with trade-related government entities
- Partner with GTS Governance to monitor trade compliance regulatory and legislative changes, assess the potential impact to the BU, and determine the necessary actions and communications to the appropriate stakeholders
- Work with GTS Governance teams to conduct trade compliance audits and oversee corrective action plans
- Partner with GTS Governance to develop and administer effective trade compliance training as required throughout the region and organization
- Ensure appropriate utilization of the GTS Operations Service Center for product classification (import and export), restricted party screening, and duty savings compliance, and otherwise ensure proper country of origin determination, valuation, and admissibility
- Work with the Operational Service Centers to identify, evaluate and administer opportunities to facilitate trade in a cost-effective and compliant manner (e.g. make use of applicable Free Trade Agreements, Duty Drawback, First Sale for Export, Foreign Trade Zones, etc.)
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal functions, including corporate functions, to encourage awareness of global trade compliance issues, pro-actively identify trade risk and threats, and develop appropriate trade compliance controls
- Create a culture of engagement and performance in alignment with TE’s core values
- Lead by example and act with empathy
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor's degree required (international business, supply chain, law, or related field)
- 6+ years’ experience in global trade compliance
- In depth knowledge of U.S. export laws and sanctions (EAR, OFAC, ITAR) and can conduct jurisdiction and export classification and license determinations
- Familiarity with US Customs laws (Import and Export)
- Proven ability to work with variety of business groups, including supply chain, legal, procurement and finance
- Preferred: Project management skills
- Ability to foster teamwork and internal and external relationships
- Excellent organizational habits and priority management
- Customer focused with a commitment to quality
- Preferred: Customs Broker License other Customs / Trade certification
Travel may be necessary in fulfillment of responsibilities
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $82,600k – $123,800k (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets