Manufacturing & Process Technician III - 2nd Shift
Location: Brooklyn Park
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing and Process Development Engineering Teams significantly impact LEANPD driven new product development projects, driving for excellence in existing manufacturing technologies and methods and striving to implement new manufacturing technologies to provide improved process and tolerance control. They act as the binding element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface. They support Product Development in the optimization of designs and piece parts for manufacturability by realizing sample tooling/products/prototypes. They also design, develop, and qualify tooling and processes to meet TE quality and production standards, document all processes and tooling in applicable TE systems, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements and customer requirements.
TE’s Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world’s leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery. You will have an exciting opportunity to be the lead technical resource for global manufacturing operations of FEP and other heat shrink tubing processing.
This is a 2nd shift position, Monday – Friday from 2:00 – 10:30 PM with at 10% shift differential on top of your base salary.
- These roles exist to support production and to ensure that our customer commitments are met, on-time, every time
- Start up and operate the extrusion equipment according to approved parameters for the item(s) to be manufactured
- Adjust tooling as required to produce product that meets the specifications
- Adjust processing parameters as allowed within the approved range(s) to maintain the product within the approved specification
- Inspect product according to approved methods and standards using approved equipment
- Collect and package product according to approved standards and deliver to the next station listed on the work order
- Observe machine operation to detect work-piece defects or machine malfunction
- Measure work-piece dimensions with dies and gauges as well as visions systems to determine accuracy of machine operation
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or work-pieces
- Complete and submit all completed paperwork or electronic data entry
- Purge, shut down and clean all equipment according to approved methods (where applicable), and remove tooling in preparation for the next work order to be processed
- Train on new operations, run new part numbers, and support extrusion lines as needed
- Update Extrusion documents as needed
- Support R&D builds and provide feedback on tooling, equipment, dimensions, and issues
- Confers with supervisors and management to address and resolve problem or complaints
- Follows all safety guidelines and policies and promotes safety adherence across all line operations
- Participate in continuous improvement and quality initiatives to enhance line production operations and processes to assure the quality of all products
- Positively embody and support the company’s policies and procedures
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particle and toxic or caustic chemicals
What your background should look like:
- High school degree or equivalent
- 3-5+ years of experience operating in a manufacturing environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $49,800 - $74,800 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets