2nd Shift Team Lead / LOGISTICS / DIST SUPPORT III
Location: Tullahoma, Tennessee
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Distribution & Logistics Teams manage the efficient flow of goods, services and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements or internal business objectives. They create integrated processes among internal functions such as operations, purchasing and logistics, and outside suppliers. They also focus resources on continuous improvement of the movement of materials through various production processes, and establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning/forecasting to measure actual performance against goals on a regular basis.
- Checks incoming product against documentation to verify accuracy, sorts of product and prepares for put-away.
- Performs all incoming transaction in applicable SAP system.
- Puts products away in available space by proper area/zone/business unit using order pickers, reach trucks, RF terminals and barcode scanners.
- Picks and repacks components for manufacturing product or for customer orders, samples, and transfer order with the use of the proper material handling equipment.
- Performs other activities such Bin Audit, cycle count, replenishments and inter-building transfers and schedules applicable carrier pickups based on shipping information.
- Performs packaging for Customer shipment and SAP transactions following applicable packing instructions and or specs.
- Prepares cartons and pallet loads for shipment by attaching proper shipment documentation as required by carriers. Manually or with automated equipment, applies stretch wrapping to secure the product.
- Performs related warehouse duties as directed in Standard Work or by Group Leader such as trash removal, obtaining packaging supplies, organizing and maintaining work area as indicated by 5S+1 requirement in Standard Work.
- Reports to Group Leader or supervisor of any damage, accident, near miss, non-conformance or discrepant product or labelling.
- Submits suggestions to enhance performance through individual or team efforts.
SHIFT: 2nd shift (2pm-10:30pm).
What your background should look like:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of experience in distribution center or warehouse area preferred, operating Industrial forklift, RF scanner in a barcoded environment
- Operate Industrial Forklifts and material handling equipment.
- Experience in RF guns in windows barcoded environment to perform warehouse transactions.
- Experience in weight counting and other industrial equipment such stretch wrappers.
- Ability to understand and follow precise packaging and shipping instructions.
- Ability to consistently always follow applicable EHS policies and wear personal protective equipment
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $38K – $57K (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets